NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

2 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

At the time I'm sure it was said (might have been reports rather than anything official) that it's based on similar level clubs, quite how that is worked out is anyones guess

It is such a rabbit hole and made all the more difficult for us as Ashley years are in no way a reflection of the club. Apart from our crowds, everything was so far below where we would naturally be.

11 minutes ago, macphisto said:

Are we all not getting ahead of ourselves? We don't know the criteria for fair value, it won't just be league placings. 

You can bet your arse that’s exactly how the PL will view it with us 

Just now, nufcnick said:

You can bet your arse that’s exactly how the PL will view it with us 

I'm hoping it's immaterial anyway and we'll attract non-3rd party sponsors; either companies wanting to oil relations with PIF or to target the Saudi market.

Just now, macphisto said:

I'm hoping it's immaterial anyway and we'll attract non-3rd party sponsors; either companies wanting to oil relations with PIF or to target the Saudi market.

Sports Direct? 

These rules which the “top 6” were so keen to introduce wouldn’t stand up to a legal challenge.

Its a free market and as long as a deal isn’t just blatantly taking the piss with rules for linked organisations etc, or for example the club owners funnelling money to a sponsor to be just put back in the club, we should be fine with whatever kind of deal we can get.

We’re currently way behind a number of clubs in terms of exposure and recent success so what we can get will be limited for now, we break top 6 or even top 4 and then those deals can be drastically renegotiated.

Also if it meant a massive injection of bona fide cash into the club, I wouldn’t be opposed to renaming the stadium, it would have to be done in the most minimal way possible though.

I think we have other sponsors lined up but haven't had the OK from the PL.

We may have a season with two different sponsors. Once the new one is ratified, we will bin off Fun88.

As I said a few days ago I don’t think Fun88 will let the deal go easily. They’ll want to milk the deal for as much as possible. Was ridiculous to think the club would just bin it off it doesn’t work like that. 

They'll have it for a fucking steal right now. Paying miles under the actual value. They'll cling on to it for all they can for as long as they can, which knowing Ashley means a long time probably. 

Just now, r0cafella said:

If it’s true it’s likely the deal with fun88 is valid through this season. 

This. If the Fun88 deal runs for this season then it’s very hard to see another sponsor coming in soon or mid-season. The cost of paying off Fun88 would almost certainly make any gains from a new sponsor marginal at best. 

1 minute ago, gdm said:

As I said a few days ago I don’t think Fun88 will let the deal go easily. They’ll want to milk the deal for as much as possible. Was ridiculous to think the club would just bin it off it doesn’t work like that. 

Keep the sponsor and make it the colour of the shirt.

"What do you mean, your sponsor is on the front?"

Pity it's still fun88 as it's always been a rank sponsor tbh, and considering this is advertisement I still couldn't tell you what their company actually does or where it's from [emoji38]

That is so very easy to knock up on photoshop. Thought we would know better than take the word of a fan Twitter account with hardly any followers. Personally I would have posted that tweet in the Twitter nonsense thread. 

Edited by et tu brute

There will be a termination clause, probably that they need to pay a severance fee of some sort. Someone somewhere will have to work put whether its worth doing, based on how much we get off new sponsors.

There is also the added complication of not having a CEO through the door yet, who will undoubtedly be the one at the heart of this stuff.