NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

3 minutes ago, Rich said:

Synopsis of the segment:

Hide contents

• Ghodoussi, Staveley, Eales, Silverstone, and Al-Hagbani (director) jet out to Germany to close the deal with Adidas.

• Shearer says it'll be worth "hundreds of millions in kit and retail sales over the next 5 years"

• Silverstone says it's the "biggest deal the club will have ever done"

• Ghodoussi says it will mean NUFC shirts in China, Los Angeles, New York, Timbuktu

• They joke about needing to keep the meeting secret :lol:

• Silverstone says "the deal with Adidas will deliver greater revenue from the sales of Adidas products and the money we'll get from Adidas themselves. Financially, it has the potential to be the most lucrative, highest-earning partnership the club has ever done. A £200M retail business." [£40M a season over 5 years?]

• Adidas GM says "so many people inside of Adidas want this to happen"

• Ghodoussi says "it's like two old lovers getting back together"

• The lead designer then gives a slideshow presentation, but nothing is given away other than the "three black bold stripes being the inspiration" for the new home kit.

• The white gloves come out and they go into a room where they are shown "iconic" NUFC kits from the 90s. 96/97 away, 97/98 home, 97/98 away, etc.

• Adidas seem to be frothing about being back with us. The CEO says nobody can believe where NUFC already are after the takeover and the deal will be great for everyone.

• Silverstone references the fact that Adidas already work with Saudi's national team and that the two will work together to try dominate that market

Beautiful. Like two old lovers. I wonder who could be seduced into the promotion of this? :smitten:  

5 minutes ago, Rich said:

Synopsis of the segment:

Hide contents

• Ghodoussi, Staveley, Eales, Silverstone, and Al-Hagbani (director) jet out to Germany to close the deal with Adidas.

• Shearer says it'll be worth "hundreds of millions in kit and retail sales over the next 5 years"

• Ghodoussi says it will mean NUFC shirts in China, Los Angeles, New York, Timbuktu

• Silverstone says "the deal with Adidas will deliver greater revenue from the sales of Adidas products and the money we'll get from Adidas themselves. Financially, it has the potential to be the most lucrative, highest-earning partnership the club has ever done. A £200M retail business." [£40M a season over 5 years as a base?]

• The lead designer then gives a slideshow presentation, but nothing is given away other than the "three black bold stripes being the inspiration" for the new home kit.

• The white gloves come out and they go into a room where they are shown "iconic" NUFC kits from the 90s. 96/97 away, 97/98 home, 97/98 away, etc.

• Adidas seem to be frothing about being back with us. The CEO says nobody can believe where NUFC already are after the takeover and the deal will be great for everyone.

• Silverstone references the fact that Adidas already work with Saudi's national team and that the two will work together to try dominate that market

:shak:Retract Rich

6 minutes ago, Rich said:

Synopsis of the segment:

Reveal hidden contents

• Silverstone says "the deal with Adidas will deliver greater revenue from the sales of Adidas products and the money we'll get from Adidas themselves. Financially, it has the potential to be the most lucrative, highest-earning partnership the club has ever done. A £200M retail business." [£40M a season over 5 years as a base?]

Yo soy erect. 

£40m (presumed minimum a season), what the fuck was Ashley doing with us man? A little bit of our money to spend, and we would have been golden. Fucking hell, this is the bloke who owns the biggest sports outlet in the U.K.

He could have got an even better deal and offers to push out loads of Adidas stuff.

1 minute ago, Stifler said:

£40m (presumed minimum a season), what the fuck was Ashley doing with us man? A little bit of our money to spend, and we would have been golden. Fucking hell, this is the bloke who owns the biggest sports outlet in the U.K.

He could have got an even better deal and offers to push out loads of Adidas stuff.

Yeah but we sang about him being fat, so it was a fuck us, even if it fucks myself too [emoji38]

4 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Adidas do the retro late 80s/early 90s Arsenal kits with Adidas badges the lot. They could make a fucking killing if they do the same with our mid-90s to early 2000s ones. 

Still got all mine.

Knew they'd come back into fashion.

The Ginola name and numbering wont even need explaining away.

23 minutes ago, Anderson said:

It’s the possible training gear being rereleased I’m excited for. Finding a decent 90s knock off tops’s no bother, but none of the training gear around. Wonder if it was a coincidence that Fender was cutting about SJP in an immaculate 90s sweatshirt which just so happened to conveniently be numbered 17?

I've got a couple, will post them when I get a chance.

Just now, Yorkie said:

Would obviously be cool to see a good recreation of one of the classics but keen to create new ones too. Assumimg it continues to go to plan, this era deserves to be defined on its own.

But also this 

It would never ever happen (because of money) but considering the cost of a football shirt is getting increasingly ridiculous, I think it could actually turn out to be fairly prudent if they released modern versions (but not too modern) of the grandad collar home shirt strip and then the maroon/blue hooped strip, blue denim strip and a yellow/green strip as a "family" of home/change/third/cup strips but on the proviso they're all collectively retained for two or three seasons. 

If those kits are done right then, as mentioned lots of times, it's pretty much a shit load of guaranteed money for the club and Adidas. If fans know those kits are going to be retained for a good few years and even though they may be inevitably pricey, I genuinely think more people would feel encouraged and confident to buy them knowing they have longevity. A family could buy a home strip one season and a change strip the next and not feel they've missed out or feel they need to be pressured into multiple purchases a season forever. Plus, this approach may mean that certain Chinese based retailers are not as attractive as before because strips with a longer shelf life become relatively more cost effective and every penny going towards the club would help too. 

If they're scared about being strapped for cash then I'm sure they can churn out a load of different training gear a few times a year for the doggers and joggers to bring in some revenue on a more consistent basis. 

Having a more consistent array of change kits would help re-establish a strong sense of identity with regard to colours. I totally understand, but am not thrilled with, the approach to cater for the Saudi market with the green and white kits because they're Saudi colours not Newcastle United colours. I think the long term approach should be for people in Saudi Arabia to love to wear Newcastle United colours (black and white, maroon and blue, etc) rather than a white shirt with a shitty green version of the club crest stuck on. Surely they can just buy a national shirt if that's their colour preference. For a club identity, I feel a consistent Newcastle United colour scheme is as vital as a city centre stadium. They've spent a lot of money on us because of who we are and not because of who they want us to be. 

If MLK can dream then so can I. It's obviously the same.