NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

Just been reading some of the twitter comments about this. Lot of our fans really are Grade A fucktards like :anguish:

Good luck to them imo, surely the only thing people should care about is whether you like it and want to buy or not? Why the bullshit about profits and other critisisms just to be wankers about the whole thing?

My understanding is that these shirts are being sold at cost price but regardless, some of our fans seem to be extraordinarily precious about people making profit from things.

Presumably none of these people ever buy anything, ever, from anywhere - least of all one of Mike's season tickets.

Guest Roger Kint

Just been reading some of the twitter comments about this. Lot of our fans really are Grade A fucktards like :anguish:

Good luck to them imo, surely the only thing people should care about is whether you like it and want to buy or not? Why the bullshit about profits and other critisisms just to be wankers about the whole thing?

My understanding is that these shirts are being sold at cost price but regardless, some of our fans seem to be extraordinarily precious about people making profit from things.

Presumably none of these people ever buy anything, ever, from anywhere - least of all one of Mike's season tickets.

It took all of 20 seconds to find that they wouldnt be making a profit from them, never stops idiots insisting otherwise despite clearly having no clue at all. Others claiming the Sir Bobby logo should be on as if they would happily want to be seen going against the club like that :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

It's social media innit. There's bound to be people wanting to have a snipe instead of doing anything.

FWIW I don't think the cost price thing was strictly necessary but it's a nice touch.

After the twitter meltdown for a simple donation button on that Pardew site could you imagine if they were trying to profit? Be Armageddon :lol:

It's social media innit. There's bound to be people wanting to have a snipe instead of doing anything.

FWIW I don't think the cost price thing was strictly necessary but it's a nice touch.

It's just the selective decision-making on who to believe. The ones shouting off about not believing it's cost price and someone's out to deceive/con the fanbase seem to be the exact same ones who are preaching for everyone to be lenient on the club because honest Mike Ashley said we're going to win a cup. There's just no sort of critical faculty whatsoever.

:lol: You guys. Is it actually about the stripes on the back? Don't be so precious, it's about buying a non-profit alternative to the Official brand, and lending your support to the campaign to remove Mike Ashley. Stripes on the back ffs.

Just seen that there are no stripes on the back.  Bit of a deal-breaker right there.

Yup, a pity. Would have gone for a couple if it wasn't for that.

Makes the Ben Arfa 10 stand out more :p Wouldn't mind being able to put a word under the number 10:  'Hope' as well tbh.

I was planning to buy at least two of them. No stripes on the back made me buy only one.

Need to arrange a "wear your football shirt to work" day soon.

http://gwb.blob.core.windows.net/bcaraway/WindowsLiveWriter/CompanyMaturity_DE0E/good_for_company_10.jpg

Eh, is that not why the shirt was made in the first place. :lol:

Top effort from the people behind it though. :thup:

Guest Roger Kint

I never understand why people care so much about the back.

This. Does that shop in the Grainger Market still print the big club badges on the back of shirts? If people are that desperate for a non white space thats a decent option. Hardly see it as a dealbreaker mind

Good luck to them imo, surely the only thing people should care about is whether you like it and want to buy or not? Why the bullshit about profits and other critisisms just to be w*****s about the whole thing?

It took all of 20 seconds to find that they wouldnt be making a profit from them, never stops idiots insisting otherwise despite clearly having no clue at all. Others claiming the Sir Bobby logo should be on as if they would happily want to be seen going against the club like that :lol:

I got extraordinary levels of abuse when I started selling a similar shirt several months ago - again at cost price. But the feedback I've had from people who've actually purchased from me (it's 95% word of mouth now) has been extraordinarily good.

So the abuse started to 'bounce off' some time ago - it's actually the customers who count. Learned that from Mike Ashley, I did...

Yes the MO campaign is primarily an anti-capitalism endeavour I believe.

Good luck to them imo, surely the only thing people should care about is whether you like it and want to buy or not? Why the bullshit about profits and other critisisms just to be w*****s about the whole thing?

Well said that man.

:lol: You guys. Is it actually about the stripes on the back? Don't be so precious, it's about buying a non-profit alternative to the Official brand, and lending your support to the campaign to remove Mike Ashley. Stripes on the back ffs.

Hardly being precious, just not one for sticking names and numbers on the back. For me it's not an alternative to buying a new one as I haven't for a fair few years (the last 2 shirts I've bought have been a Toffs one and an old 95/97 shirt).

Happy to support certain supporter groups, but not going to buy a shirt just for the sake of it.

What, because the club makes profit on shirt sales? Think it's slightly more nuanced than that.

Yes the MO campaign is primarily an anti-capitalism endeavour I believe.

:pow:

[emoji38] You guys. Is it actually about the stripes on the back? Don't be so precious, it's about buying a non-profit alternative to the Official brand, and lending your support to the campaign to remove Mike Ashley. Stripes on the back ffs.

Hardly being precious, just not one for sticking names and numbers on the back. For me it's not an alternative to buying a new one as I haven't for a fair few years (the last 2 shirts I've bought have been a Toffs one and an old 95/97 shirt).

Happy to support certain supporter groups, but not going to buy a shirt just for the sake of it.

Someone from them on twitter said it was difficult for them to source a striped version for such numbers quick enough. Guess it means could happen in the future though ?

I got extraordinary levels of abuse when I started selling a similar shirt several months ago - again at cost price. But the feedback I've had from people who've actually purchased from me (it's 95% word of mouth now) has been extraordinarily good.

So the abuse started to 'bounce off' some time ago - it's actually the customers who count. Learned that from Mike Ashley, I did...

The design of the shirt was nice just the absolutely cringeworthy wonga-esque patch you slapped on it completely ruined it.

[emoji38] You guys. Is it actually about the stripes on the back? Don't be so precious, it's about buying a non-profit alternative to the Official brand, and lending your support to the campaign to remove Mike Ashley. Stripes on the back ffs.

Someone from them on twitter said it was difficult for them to source a striped version for such numbers quick enough. Guess it means could happen in the future though ?

Hopefully, but imagine it's a bit of a nightmare. Reckon they've produced something pretty natty using off the peg stuff, but the decent brands all seem to have solid coloured backs to them these days.

It's just the current trend to have a plain back unfortunately. I somehow doubt a startup organisation like this has the power to just demand the likes of Adidas start producing bespoke shirts. :lol:

Yeah, this is easily acceptable.  No idea where this bespoke chat came from? 

Call me a pedant: Newcastle play in a black and white striped shirt, not a white shirt with a couple of stripes down the front.  Well, we used to.