NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

So our new away kit has a 90s style to pay homage to Keegan's entertainers?

Very good of arsenal and other puma teams to 'pay homage' too

:lol:

Usually, when a team gets signed up to wear Nike shirts (rather than paying them to do so), as we did five years ago, people get excited. What actually happens, though, is if you're not one of their most important handful of clubs - (which then, in the UK, was Arsenal and United plus the obvious foreign clubs, you get a distinctly less impressive deal.

They produced some really good kits for us, that's true, but they also fobbed a lot of templated shit on to us as well. A few years ago we had a home shirt from them with a sort of check-ish pattern down the sides.

Turned out to be a template of a Lens (I think) top from a few years before. Not only that, but one season they didn't get the home kits on sale until December - they'd fucked up the manufacture and the club rejected them and sent them all back to them, they were so shoddy.

Arsenal and your Puma kits, if I am honest, I find horrible (especially Arsenal's), but I wouldn't assume the deal is much better anywhere else unless you're one of their most important accounts.

I wish our home kit was a template job tbh.

It probably is.

Sure most of our recent home shirts have been templates, as other clubs have had the same (in different colours of course).

Red Star Belgrade and Dortmund spring to mind.

Probably see the same one on some European team shortly.

So our new away kit has a 90s style to pay homage to Keegan's entertainers?

Very good of arsenal and other puma teams to 'pay homage' too

:lol:

Usually, when a team gets signed up to wear Nike shirts (rather than paying them to do so), as we did five years ago, people get excited. What actually happens, though, is if you're not one of their most important handful of clubs - (which then, in the UK, was Arsenal and United plus the obvious foreign clubs, you get a distinctly less impressive deal.

They produced some really good kits for us, that's true, but they also fobbed a lot of templated s*** on to us as well. A few years ago we had a home shirt from them with a sort of check-ish pattern down the sides.

Turned out to be a template of a Lens (I think) top from a few years before. Not only that, but one season they didn't get the home kits on sale until December - they'd f***ed up the manufacture and the club rejected them and sent them all back to them, they were so shoddy.

Arsenal and your Puma kits, if I am honest, I find horrible (especially Arsenal's), but I wouldn't assume the deal is much better anywhere else unless you're one of their most important accounts.

Was talking to an Arsenal-supporting mate of mine about how rubbish Puma are and he actually said - believe it or not - that Puma's top 3 accounts are ourselves, Arsenal and Dortmund. Supposedly these are the only clubs that get the tighter tops which are made in-house; the shirts that all other Puma-associated clubs wear are a more standard fit and come from a different manufacturer. Could well be a load of shite but thought it was quite interesting.

I'm really struggling to see why some fans are against this idea. The shirt is made by fans, it's not for profit and it aims to hit Ashley where it hurts as well as highlight further how embarrassing and disgusting it is to have Wonga as our sponsor. If people are against the idea of that then they need to have a word with themselves tbh.

Can't speak for everyone, but I imagine that people are questioning the wisdom of an Anti-Ashley gesture at a particular time when maybe there should be a truce? At least until the end of the transfer window?

I'm really struggling to see why some fans are against this idea. The shirt is made by fans, it's not for profit and it aims to hit Ashley where it hurts as well as highlight further how embarrassing and disgusting it is to have Wonga as our sponsor. If people are against the idea of that then they need to have a word with themselves tbh.

Can't speak for everyone, but I imagine that people are questioning the wisdom of an Anti-Ashley gesture at a particular time when maybe there should be a truce? At least until the end of the transfer window?

Seriously, man. Give over. :lol:

Guest reefatoon

http://i.cubeupload.com/ZTMIjS.png

Poor effort. :sleepy2:

Bollocks.

Guest firetotheworks

Can't speak for everyone anyone, but I imagine that people are questioning the wisdom of an Anti-Ashley gesture at a particular time when maybe there should be a truce? At least until the end of the transfer window?

FYP.

How are you feeling about your Sammy?

Bollocks.

Scene I, two captives in Stockholm.

Captive 1: We must continue our plans to escape.

Captive 2: Again? Fine, if we must. But maybe we can wait a few more months, he just bought me this new frock! Isn't it shiny? And that embroidered collar around your neck, look at the way it pulls ever so gently from the radiator when you move.

Captive 1: You're fucked.