NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

Must be ten years or so since we had a shirt with stripes on the back mind. Was the one with the gold numbers not the last time?

Aye. Lush shirt mind!

Agree with Dave. How is s protest group, ordering maybe 1000?? shirts going to waltz into Adidas and demand a bespoke shirt :lol:

Maybe if they sell thousands of the buggers; next season they may have a bit more clout.

Nobody is saying that the protest group should be demanding a bespoke shirt from adidas :lol: building a straw shirts, folks.

How else would they get solid black and white shirts throughout then?

I got extraordinary levels of abuse when I started selling a similar shirt several months ago - again at cost price. But the feedback I've had from people who've actually purchased from me (it's 95% word of mouth now) has been extraordinarily good.

So the abuse started to 'bounce off' some time ago - it's actually the customers who count. Learned that from Mike Ashley, I did...

The design of the shirt was nice just the absolutely cringeworthy wonga-esque patch you slapped on it completely ruined it.

...which is why I also sell them with no patch. (they sell slightly better than the patched version, but there's not much in it...)

I would have preferred stripes on the back but will still get one of these because of what they stand for, that is to not give Ashley any more of my money and also to have a shirt which doesn't have that shitty blue advert on the front for a loan shark.  The front of the shirt looks excellent and is far better than the shite the club is peddling and it's a lot cheaper so it's a winner.

Nobody is saying that the protest group should be demanding a bespoke shirt from adidas :lol: building a straw shirts, folks.

Use an alternative producer?  I don't know :lol:

I can accept their decision to go with this shirt on a practical basis and I wonder if they stuck with adidas due to the connection with them being our kit make during our successful years in the late 90s and early 00s.  But nobody here has criticised them for this bespoke nonsense :lol: Whatever, I think the shirt is alright at best and would have much preferred a fully striped shirt, even if that meant going with a different brand.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/mags-launch-alternative-newcastle-shirt.1110358/

Apparently we're needy arseholes.We just can't get enough. You know, the three players Ashley finally have decided to spend money on.

Fucks sake,why do they start a new thread about anything to do with Newcastle?they say no one cares clearly they do all they ever fucking talk about

I can accept their decision to go with this shirt on a practical basis and I wonder if they stuck with adidas due to the connection with them being our kit make during our successful years in the late 90s and early 00s.  But nobody here has criticised them for this bespoke nonsense :lol: Whatever, I think the shirt is alright at best and would have much preferred a fully striped shirt, even if that meant going with a different brand.

Genuinely don't think anyone makes one, without going completely bespoke. That's my point.

Genuinely don't think anyone makes one, without going completely bespoke. That's my point.

I wouldn't have accepted this having not just spent the last 5 or so minutes trawling a couple of websites.  Think there is a Macron kit that might be fully striped, but there's no back image.  Ah well.

Trawling through the the growing number of pages on this topic, it seems that a  sizeable minority of people have a  different take on this to the rest of us. In an attempt to rationally, and sensitively address this diversity let me just say: shut the f**k up about the finer design details, or the contracting vagaries of bespoke design, or the criticism as not enough of a certain size. You ( actually make that WE) are coming across like a bunch of Vivienne Westwood-Stan Seymour hybrids (lesser striped variety...). This is a fantastic effort by a committed group of people to reclaim our iconic strip. To help us show our support positively,  and show our disapproval of money over morals mentality at the club. WE have the opportunity to do something, not just name-call and moan. If you can afford it, please get one. Let's get as many into the ground and on the streets, as possible. Overwhelm them with orders, give them the funds to make more. Be United.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/mags-launch-alternative-newcastle-shirt.1110358/

Apparently we're needy arseholes.We just can't get enough. You know, the three players Ashley finally have decided to spend money on.

No doubt they'd label us fickle mags if the protest stopped.  Nearly 4 pages on a unofficial shirt of another club.

It's funny- having (rightly) mocked us for being turbo-shit for the last 6 months, now we're unhappy we're fickle bastards who have never had it so good. And no-one even slightly questions the consistency in that narrative!

It's the way they take their opinions so seriously man, never fails to slay me!! One knacker says summat along the lines of "mags are the most spoilt people in the whole world", they all mumble agreement and let it echo around for a bit, then before you know it it's a bona fide fact, acknowledged as such by the whole of football. They're so precious you can't help but love them in an odd way.

Guest firetotheworks

This one's my favourite.

"Newcastle fans will never be happy. They always want more than they have. If by some absolute miracle they won the League, they'd want to know why they hadn't won the FA Cup as well and would moan about lack of ambition.

Their sense of self-importance is deluded.

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/mags-launch-alternative-newcastle-shirt.1110358/#ixzz3hHOts8dD"

...from the person with that prick fighting the police horse as their avatar.