NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

Trawling through the the growing number of pages on this topic, it seems that a  sizeable minority of people have a  different take on this to the rest of us. In an attempt to rationally, and sensitively address this diversity let me just say: shut the f**k up about the finer design details, or the contracting vagaries of bespoke design, or the criticism as not enough of a certain size. You ( actually make that WE) are coming across like a bunch of Vivienne Westwood-Stan Seymour hybrids (lesser striped variety...). This is a fantastic effort by a committed group of people to reclaim our iconic strip. To help us show our support positively,  and show our disapproval of money over morals mentality at the club. WE have the opportunity to do something, not just name-call and moan. If you can afford it, please get one. Let's get as many into the ground and on the streets, as possible. Overwhelm them with orders, give them the funds to make more. Be United.

:clap:

I'm not going to get one because I got one from Toffs, but it's a possibility for my mam for a present.

I think they could have got a better off the shelf design from another manufacturer, but I guess it resembles the Champions League shirt under SBR.

It's the idea behind it which matters more. Not many people would go out of the way to get a Toffs shirt instead, but a lot of people will get this shirt instead and it will bring some sort of publicity to the cause.

I'm not going to get one because I got one from Toffs, but it's a possibility for my mam for a present.

I think they could have got a better off the shelf design from another manufacturer, but I guess it resembles the Champions League shirt under SBR.

It's the idea behind it which matters more. Not many people would go out of the way to get a Toffs shirt instead, but a lot of people will get this shirt instead and it will bring some sort of publicity to the cause.

Getting the shirt is a statement as much as anything, people are giving Ashley 2 fingers by wearing it and it's handy that it doesn't have Wonga splattered over the front.

Guest firetotheworks

In summary, buy it if you want, but don't complain about something that wouldn't have ordinarily been offered, it's looking a gift horse in the mouth.

Trawling through the the growing number of pages on this topic, it seems that a  sizeable minority of people have a  different take on this to the rest of us. In an attempt to rationally, and sensitively address this diversity let me just say: shut the f**k up about the finer design details, or the contracting vagaries of bespoke design, or the criticism as not enough of a certain size. You ( actually make that WE) are coming across like a bunch of Vivienne Westwood-Stan Seymour hybrids (lesser striped variety...). This is a fantastic effort by a committed group of people to reclaim our iconic strip. To help us show our support positively,  and show our disapproval of money over morals mentality at the club. WE have the opportunity to do something, not just name-call and moan. If you can afford it, please get one. Let's get as many into the ground and on the streets, as possible. Overwhelm them with orders, give them the funds to make more. Be United.

:clap:

Quality post

Class

Guest Roger Kint

Theres clowns asking people on twitter if they have licensed these shirts to sell now :lol: I swear people look for any issue to avoid being seen as less of a superfan

So that's the final design? It's canny actually. I just can't understand the mentality of some people, there are thousands of supporters actively protesting against Ashley's stewardship of this club, and marginalising the club shop to fuel the coffers of Sports Direct only drives this further for me. I support Newcastle United, it's my home town club, no matter what happens I'll still do that, but like fuck am I giving money to Mike Ashley to buy the cheapest shite Puma offer each season to show my affiliation or tickets to see the utter shite on show on matchdays.

People really need to get behind this (and other efforts like this) and stop trying to pick fault and argument over alternative options to support the club without continuously getting screwed by Ashley for the pleasure of doing so. I've looked at stuff like this in the past (non-football related) and you wouldn't believe the amount of money and fuck on that goes behind the scenes, I couldn't be bothered or afford it in the end. I haven't figured out (yet) who comprises Ashley Out, or even how many people work for their cause, but they only have my gratitude and kudos for trying to unite the fans and stand up against the root cause of our now fucked up football club. Long may their work, and the work of NUST et al. continue

So that's the final design? It's canny actually. I just can't understand the mentality of some people, there are thousands of supporters actively protesting against Ashley's stewardship of this club, and marginalising the club shop to fuel the coffers of Sports Direct only drives this further for me. I support Newcastle United, it's my home town club, no matter what happens I'll still do that, but like fuck am I giving money to Mike Ashley to buy the cheapest shite Puma offer each season to show my affiliation or tickets to see the utter shite on show on matchdays.

People really need to get behind this (and other efforts like this) and stop trying to pick fault and argument over alternative options to support the club without continuously getting screwed by Ashley for the pleasure of doing so. I've looked at stuff like this in the past (non-football related) and you wouldn't believe the amount of money and fuck on that goes behind the scenes, I couldn't be bothered or afford it in the end. I haven't figured out (yet) who comprises Ashley Out, or even how many people work for their cause, but they only have my gratitude and kudos for trying to unite the fans and stand up against the root cause of our now fucked up football club. Long may their work, and the work of NUST et al. continue

That's all well and good but do they have the right to sell it though?

Ignorance of the law declared, but...

You can't protect/prevent people buying B&W striped shirts... or ahem! partially B&W striped shirts.

The city of Newcastle badge,  the Magpie icon, and the word United-- can't see any problem adding them to above.

The Adidas badge, if the shirt is made by the company ( or licensed sweat sho..., sorry partner) then surely can't be a problem with that.

There may be some case to be made about falsely representing a protected product, but haven't seen anything about the people flogging the shirts with club badge,  but no stamp of shame, on EBay getting the dreaded letter. Even if there was some chance of NUFC 💰, or Puma (owned by Sports Direct?) winning, there would be a protracted and potentially further damaging public legal argument.

Ignorance of the law declared, but...

You can't protect/prevent people buying B&W striped shirts... or ahem! partially B&W striped shirts.

The city of Newcastle badge,  the Magpie icon, and the word United-- can't see any problem adding them to above.

The Adidas badge, if the shirt is made by the company ( or licensed sweat sho..., sorry partner) then surely can't be a problem with that.

There may be some case to be made about falsely representing a protected product, but haven't seen anything about the people flogging the shirts with club badge,  but no stamp of shame, on EBay getting the dreaded letter. Even if there was some chance of NUFC

I'm really struggling to see why some fans are against this idea. The shirt is made by fans, it's not for profit and it aims to hit Ashley where it hurts as well as highlight further how embarrassing and disgusting it is to have Wonga as our sponsor. If people are against the idea of that then they need to have a word with themselves tbh.

I'm really struggling to see why some fans are against this idea.

It's worth repeating that the majority of our fans are absolute fucking idiots.

And yet, while you say that, 82% of the fans reading that article in the Chronicle are enthusiastic about the idea of buying an alternative shirt...