AshleyOut.com

TK-421

I haven't truly enjoyed a matchday for many seasons now, certainly not the football on show (& least of all the atmosphere), but I can understand why other people may feel compelled to.

Unfortunately / fortunately, its still a cracking day out on the piss with your mates, something which Ashley even cant spoil.

Guest firetotheworks

There's no denying that the last month or so of the 5th season was a lot of fun, but I definitely agree with the Championship and the Hughton bit of 10/11 being fun.

I think the biggest difficulty will be persuading the leisure fan that they should stay away.

For example the Scots travelling down to see a high profile game, or the family of five that have spent £200 on tickets for the single game.

I`m sure this must have been mentioned before, but if a world cup style "big screen" event was organised outside / at a local venue near the ground that would surely have a bigger effect on attendance

Would take some organising mind but it would tick all the boxes imo: Massive press coverage, still get to see the match (If thats a plus), excellent festival atmosphere etc.

Guest ElCid

I haven't truly enjoyed a matchday for many seasons now, certainly not the football on show (& least of all the atmosphere), but I can understand why other people may feel compelled to.

Unfortunately / fortunately, its still a cracking day out on the p*ss with your mates, something which Ashley even cant spoil.

Hear what your saying but in my opinion if you really give a s*** about what is happening concerning the total mess this club is currently in - then missing one match (an organised boycott) is the least anyone can do. Don't get this s*** about superfans  not missing games (I was a season ticket holder for 40 year!) and/or it's a social event - you're talking about actively standing against a regime which consistently undermines the fundamental reason why we love and support the team. One game to make a point blank statement not only to Ashley but to the whole footballing world - it's not asking a lot and if you can't do that then again in my opinion you can't really care about the club to any great depth. It's not about winning a trophey or being the best (though it would be nice) - it's about supporting a club who will attempt to compete and at least go into every match with the attitude of winning.

There is consistently 50,000 go to games no matter what and this despite not winning any major honours for nearly 50 year - what other club with that level of support would do that - NONE! I tell you one thing though if the likes of Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea went even 5 year without winning anything or competing, their fans would be in open revolt game after game - so not to go for one game and trying to justify going again in my opinion does not hold water and all those who do either don't give a s***, don't have a clue about what supporting a club really means and/or are more bothered about their social status.

I`m sure this must have been mentioned before, but if a world cup style "big screen" event was organised outside / at a local venue near the ground that would surely have a bigger effect on attendance

Would take some organising mind but it would tick all the boxes imo: Massive press coverage, still get to see the match (If thats a plus), excellent festival atmosphere etc.

Go and watch a local team play if you don't care about the football anymore its just as if not more fun, and the beers cheaper, banter is quality and more accessible.

Match day socialites man :lol: I haven't decided what I'm doing for the Spurs match but it's absolutely criminal to suggest anyone in attendance doesn't care about the club like.

It's comments that this that make me believe that the protest is doomed to fail. Ya get the sense that a lot of fans would attend even should they arrive home from work to find half the first team squad in bed with their wife, Carver taking a poo in the sink and Ashley putting all their blue ray discs in different boxes.

:lol:

If people can't not go to the match then why not organise a sit. Refuse to leave at the end of the match and protest against Ashley.

That would really hurt after the cameras are all switched off and the money is in the bank ... ouch said Mike what hooliganism to sit still in my seats :)

I think a sit in is a good idea to be honest, but it's for another time. You cannot run 2 protests at the same time which directly go against each other and a sit in would give people an excuse to go.

Hence why I said if the people can't find themselves to not go, i.e. once a boycott has been tried and failed.

FS playing superfan again for literally no reason whatsoever. I was all for being diplomatic prior to the Hull protest, but the people who weren't on board were the ones acting like massive cunts, so fuck it. It'll be the same people that attend on Sunday out of a staggeringly misplaced sense of loyalty to something they ignorantly refuse to see no longer exists and the fact that they're thick, selfish cunts.

Playing the superfan :lol: What a boring fucking ponce, man. Was putting up a slight defence of those who decide to attend. I know many who will be going who are not 'selfish cunts' and care about the club as much as even you KI. As you say, they may be misguided, but there you gan.

At this stage I doubt I'll be bothering with the match. Superfan.