Do you want NUFC to be relegated?

LoveItIfWeBeatU
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The ultimate insult is that the club deliberately shun aiming for European places and domestic cups because they believe both increase our chances of relegation and yet it has been their stupidity, cheap attitude and shit decision-making that has seen us relegated once and on the verge again this time.

The only two things we could possibly enjoy under this clusterfuck of an owner are deliberately kept from us and that is unforgiveable.

If we go down it's nothing more than the regime deserve and if it puts even a slight dent in Ashley's ego then fuck it, i'm all for it.

I think it comes down to visibility. The less visible his brand is then the less interest he has in owning the club. As someone has already said, it might take consecutive relegations for this happen but I figured the whole point of him owning us and Rangers is to have two top tier teams slapped up with SD logos to essentially get free coverage across the UK. Championship might still suit him, but a poor season with negative press in that league probably won't.

Still, it's not like this situation is something new under Ashley. We've been relegated once and came very near once. What changes came of this? Fuck all.

He treated that as a one off and blamed it on the Shepherd era. He can't do that now and we won't walk it like we so obviously were going to last time.

I think it comes down to visibility. The less visible his brand is then the less interest he has in owning the club. As someone has already said, it might take consecutive relegations for this happen but I figured the whole point of him owning us and Rangers is to have two top tier teams slapped up with SD logos to essentially get free coverage across the UK. Championship might still suit him, but a poor season with negative press in that league probably won't.

He won't care about the negative press, he would probably be looking to promote Rangers more in the long term anyway because of the CL potential. He can always run us as a Championship club and still promote his SD brand, albeit less profitably. He'll just slash costs to ensure there is still a running profit and if we get promoted great, if not well it's still a superb advertising tool for Sports Direct.

I don't want to get relegated as I think we got very lucky last time that the remnants of the team were the best to drag us out as we had:

Genuine leaders more than good enough for the division (Nolan)

Internationals at their peak (Jonas, Coloccini)

Good up and coming players (Enrique)

And a Youngster who started to show his potential (Carroll)

Also due to wages and transfer fees we were not vulnerable to bids for these players. And we used the loan market well. And we had a good man manager in charge.

Today we have very few players who fulfil the above, and those that do, e.g Perez and Sissoko are vulnerable to bids. I also have little faith in the boards ability to make good transfers this time. Who can for get Marlon Harewood and khinishivilli

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

I don't want to get relegated as I think we got very lucky last time that the remnants of the team were the best to drag us out as we had:

Genuine leaders more than good enough for the division (Nolan)

Internationals at their peak (Jonas, Coloccini)

Good up and coming players (Enrique)

And a Youngster who started to show his potential (Carroll)

Also due to wages and transfer fees we were not vulnerable to bids for these players. And we used the loan market well. And we had a good man manager in charge.

Today we have very few players who fulfil the above, and those that do, e.g Perez and Sissoko are vulnerable to bids. I also have little faith in the boards ability to make good transfers this time. Who can for get Marlon Harewood and khinishivilli

The support too was excellent. This time we could struggle to get 30k+ crowds at home games.

Ashley's club policies is the reason we're in this state but the previous relegation too left a mark on our finances in the long term.

Definite no. I can't see anything else other than us getting relegated and when it happens I'll be devasted. We'll be stuck with him and I see no positive or likely circumstance that anything wouldn't be other than tragic.

Really don't get the fuss about being in the top league if we have to sell ourselves just to sort of exist there. The closer to being a proper club the better. I personally think the SD advertising is the only logical reason he's stopping and you just don't get the exposure. On the other hand he just might be spiteful pig used to getting his own way and scorning those who oppose him. I don't care enough about the prem to care to be honest. This new TV deal has ruined it.

Really don't get the fuss about being in the top league if we have to sell ourselves just to sort of exist there. The closer to being a proper club the better.

Basically my thoughts completely. The only reason anyone cares about these games at the moment is because they actually matter again because theres a potential outcome. Our season is currently potentially more enjoyable because we have something to be saved from which creates emotion. People really need to consider the reality that facing relegation has made our season more interesting. We have nothing to play for the way we are run. We need to push closer to whatever will cause change in those who run it.

The end goal for me (and I'm sure all of us) is him selling up. I personally can't see him selling at a loss, and I doubt anyone would offer him enough to avoid that for a Championship club.

If we go down he'll just wait it out until we get promoted again, while in the meantime if this ideal investor looking for a Prem club comes along we could miss our chance.

Other than the slight satisfaction at him being annoyed by the relegation I see no positives to going down. It'll just be the same schtik with even lower quality football and players.

I just can't care what happens to the club as long as Ashley is in it. He can rot in the lower leagues for all the good it will do to him.

That's how detached I've become from the club and I hate it.

Absolutely not. There's no guarantee relegation would fix our current plight, cutting your nose off to spite your face springs to mind.

No guarantee but you think its likely he'd leave whilst sports direct is still getting exposure & the tv money is coming in? He clearly wont care unless he is negatively affected himself, only thing that will make him think.

I don't want NUFC to be relegated. That said it's what the club deserves and I am firmly of the view that Ashley is more likely to sell a club outside of the Premier League. Voted yes.

So you do want NUFC to be relegated then?

Who will want to buy NUFC knowing there'll be a big rebuild to get them back into the premier League? Why not just buy a team already in the Premiership?

Can't see many decent buyers wanting to invest in a Championship club with a rebuild job on their hands.

Our best chance of selling the club comes with being a Premiership club.