FIFA World Cup: 2030 hosts confirmed as Spain/Portugal/Morocco & Argentina/Paraguay/Uruguay

Noodles

2 hours ago, Tomato Deuce said:

:lol: 

We have just missed the last one primarily due to internal incompetence, the successful basketball and athletics teams were just recently banned internationally due to further incompetence, and the people in power make Trump and Biden seem like Alexander the Great. You are laughing, but I am deadly (Mike translation: dead-ass) serious. :lol:

1 hour ago, cubaricho said:

That drive in particular is pretty brutal. All my buds in bands do it and fucking hate it, usually tacking on an off-day in Denver just to recover. :lol: 

And yeah geographically it is further out but everyone will be flying for this and DIA is the busiest airport in the country, traffic wise, so it makes sense to have it here based on that alone. Most of the planes will literally be landing here at some point anyway. :lol: 

You are not lying, I love driving long distances in all manner of scenarios, but when the wind started whipping in the Wyoming mountains with all of those trailers around, I was actually scared for my life. I cannot even imagine it in winter, there was snow around in April, still. That makes sense about the airport, never seen the city, but as you say, have been through the airport a few times. KC is actually rubbish and boring anyway, so I do not doubt Denver is better. 

1 hour ago, B-more Mag said:

I agree. It's ridiculous that D.C. doesn't have a state-of-the-art stadium in the city. And Baltimore gets continually fucked by the perception that we're nothing more than a crime-ridden shit hole. 

Bit of a shambles that there won't be matches in two of the U.S.'s five largest combined statistical areas (Chicago - 9,986,960; DC/Baltimore - 9,973,383).

DC United Stadium is quite nice, but tiny, yeah. Baltimore has problems that everyone knows about, but the stadiums are wonderful and I doubt people are coming from all-over the world to stay in Park Heights and Walbrook, anyway. In Russia, the events were essentially in two places for most of the cities, there was not a need to go elsewhere. 

Edited by Segun Oluwaniyi

Am I right in thinking, when the league shuts down for this, that the likely City, Liverpool, Man U,Arsenal etc, their players will get an extended break for recovery? That will likely mean the so called big six will be without key players for a while after, would be a really good time to play these sides after the tournament has ended.

We don't play any of them after sadly. But before it shuts down we have Chelsea at home, I'd assume some would miss out or not want to play incase they get injured the weekend before they are due to play in the tournament. 

5 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

What's the plan for the millions of mad fuckers with guns all over the States and football supporters?

Remember that there's armed racist maniacs and don't be daft drunk dickheads? Best we can do. :lol:

7 hours ago, mighty__mag said:

Am I right in thinking, when the league shuts down for this, that the likely City, Liverpool, Man U,Arsenal etc, their players will get an extended break for recovery? That will likely mean the so called big six will be without key players for a while after, would be a really good time to play these sides after the tournament has ended.

We don't play any of them after sadly. But before it shuts down we have Chelsea at home, I'd assume some would miss out or not want to play incase they get injured the weekend before they are due to play in the tournament. 

There’s probably a really good in-depth article on this out there. There are so many factors. On the one hand a team with lots of internationals might not get a break, but a team with few internationals might be rusty. Someone made the point that it might actually be better than a number of mid-season internationals because they’re all flying to and staying in one place (rather than, say, Bruno Guimaraes flying back and forth from Europe to South America).

Is, say, Ben Davies worse off now than Kulisevski? Chances are he gets three games in the sun and then a couple of weeks off, versus Kulusevski just taking an extended break. Injuries are obviously a massive concern, but presumably bigger teams have both more players involved and a bigger squad to deal with it.

If, say, it’s a Korea vs England World Cup Final then Son and Kane will be knackered and whoever loses will be devastated. But if they both go out in the first knockout round (infinitely more likely) then they’ll get a really nice mid-season rest.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It’s obviously absolutely wank planning but as I’m a petty individual I’d find it quite funny if loads of whinging knacker journalists had been massively inconvenienced by this. 

1 hour ago, Disco said:

It’s obviously absolutely wank planning but as I’m a petty individual I’d find it quite funny if loads of whinging knacker journalists had been massively inconvenienced by this. 

Definitely :lol:

Shame for the real fans that might be affected mind. 

• 4 weeks later...