Patrick Vieira - NYCFC manager

Dave

Heart says 'yes', head says 'no, but I'll give him a chance'. Going to let my heart win this one like, would absolutely love it if we hired him. Think he'd look cool as fuck in a suit on the touch line as well.

I don't like his coupon :lol:

Looks like an over inflated balloon, that will ruin any potential cool factor for me. wnb.

Why the morbid fascination with McClaren? A worn out never-has-been that has just been sacked from a Championship side that took an horrific nosedive in much the same way Carver did with us? So many alarm bells it's untrue.

Given the choice it would be PV 1000% at least there's an element of unknown and a decent chance he could turn out to be a good HC. With Schteeve we know what we're getting, more of the same shit.

McClaren would just be another sideways step, not the step forward we desperately need. Fuck that, fuck McClaren, fuck Ashley and Chumley!

:thup:

Why the morbid fascination with McClaren? A worn out never-has-been that has just been sacked from a Championship side that took an horrific nosedive in much the same way Carver did with us? So many alarm bells it's untrue.

Given the choice it would be PV 1000% at least there's an element of unknown and a decent chance he could turn out to be a good HC. With Schteeve we know what we're getting, more of the same s***.

McClaren would just be another sideways step, not the step forward we desperately need. f*** that, f*** McClaren, f*** Ashley and Chumley!

:thup:

You cannot just send a manager out and then buy him back though whenever you want him, or at least you just wouldn't do it. If he comes to us then I imagine he'll be off City's list for replacing whoever he's meant to be replacing (unless he turns out to be absolutely f***ing mega).

It seems like the whole point of 'grooming' a manager is that he's already there when you need him, and he's already fully up to date and in the loop.

Enrique went to Roma to cut his teeth. Failed. And still got the job. If Zidane went elsewhere with Madrid i'm certain they would hire him if he was anything but a complete disaster at his previous club and even then they would give him a go.

I agree 100% about the hope bit Mimosa! With McClaren it feels pretty certain what we'll get somehow. I'm sure that IF Vieira took over there would be a lot more excitement compared with McClaren. The fans would be more excited, our current players would be as well, for sure! Attracting new players will be a lot easier with Vieira as well. If it all goes to hell i can't see him staying. Could also go really well, who knows. With McClaren we'd be stuck in "nowhere mediocre land" for way too long (just my gut feeling though)

McClaren is a less odious but similarly bland version of Pardew. A plodder. We'd stay up with relative ease each year and he'd probably be happy to work with Carver and accept Ashley's idea of how to run a football club. He'll be cheap, coming from a position of weakness.

That's why I think he'll get the job.

McClaren is a less odious but similarly bland version of Pardew. A plodder. We'd stay up with relative ease each year and he'd probably be happy to work with Carver and accept Ashley's idea of how to run a football club. He'll be cheap, coming from a position of weakness.

The crushing truth, really.

This is probably right, and we all know it deep down.

Mind I'm not sure how 'desperate' he'll be like.

If true it is a massive risk and with the lack of/no experience it is simply the wron move atm at least get someone who has coached a first team and done well ,keegan was a exception before football got mega money and had a great feeling for what we needed at the time but this stinks of high risk to me

To walk into a Premier League job with virtually no expectations, straight after being sacked by Derby County in the league below?

This is it Dave.

I can't see a time where they'd appoint a guy with a voice like PV when the alternatives are pure yes men.

He'll not manage a bigger club than us again in his career mate. I think he'd be pretty desperate.

Would be absolutely amazed if Vieira ends up being out manager. Unfortunately I don't believe any remotely positive story concerning Newcastle, there's generally an ulterior motive for everything and I'm not daft enough to think Ashley will start taking us seriously now

depressing...

Yeah, that's my fear too. He ticks all those Ashleyastic boxes, while outwardly the club can claim it's an "ambitious" appointment given McClaren's won two trophies and played in an EL final.

Yeah this is my feelings on it. It'll be McClaren, ive no doubt

I still reckon we will end up with McClaren.  (He appears to be Carrs choices, is happy with the "head coach" role and even all the coincidental links of Ashley/PR Company/David Craig and with Craig breaking all McClarens news/moves etc)

I do wonder however if there is an attraction to the likes of Vieira from Ashley as he once again will see potential pound signs.  With Vieira seemingly quite highly rated and even talk of him being groomed for the Man City job just think of the potential compensation for him should he be successful?  Ashley wins again...