Patrick Vieira - NYCFC manager

Dave

What terms do we think he will struggle most to accept though?

Low-ish salary he might be OK with, maybe also not having 100% control of transfers (he might not even want that). I reckon the coaching situation will be the blocker, when he's forced to take Carver and Stone instead of his own staff.

As people have mentioned here, no one.. not the clubs or Vieira himself are denying anything.

It ought to mean something surely?

We're normally all over denying potentially good news stories, so it's obviously true.

Doesn't mean much though, I fully expect him to run a mile when he finds out the terms on offer.

Any manager with a sense of self respect would walk out of the office sharpish if he was told terms by thumbhead and what sort of say does Wenger and Pelligrini have on transfers are they told "this is what you get best of luck"  .We all know we are light years away from those teams but it is still the same as  who selects the players for the manager him with the help of a  scout no say at all ?

Keeping the three amigo's on as his coaches, having only a partial say in transfers, No guarantee of funds for new players unless the club nearly gets frigging relegated.............there's three just off the top of my head that would put must decent managers/coaches off.

Low-ish salary he might be OK with, maybe also not having 100% control of transfers (he might not even want that). I reckon the coaching situation will be the blocker, when he's forced to take Carver and Stone instead of his own staff.

When you put it like that it doesn't seem there's that much to overcome.

If it really comes down to it, surely they'd ditch the coaching staff at this point, and start completely afresh?! The Pardew compo money would pay off most of it anyway.

Come on MA do the right thing! We're almost there.

He don´t have any staff.. yet

As for money he got enough I´m sure, but I say that he would want to rebuild how NUFC operates in some ways.. Beardsley and him might have much to talk about for instance.

I dont think a manager really needs to be heavily involved in the scouting process. As long as you have a good chief scout or DOF. The manager needs to be able to make recommendations and also request players of a certain type and sign off on any deals

Totally agree, this is overplayed in general. The manager has enough to deal with already.

Imagine being forced to have Carver, Stone and Woodman as your coaches while trying to install a new footballing philosophy at a club. :lol:

Carver scagging in your face like a creep the whole time while Stone and Woodman keep checking their dictionaries trying to keep up with what you're saying.

There's nothing to say our muppets wouldn't allow him to add his own staff. Almost certain we will retain the idiots though.

SSN reporting talks in the next 48 hours.

I dont think a manager really needs to be heavily involved in the scouting process. As long as you have a good chief scout or DOF. The manager needs to be able to make recommendations and also request players of a certain type and sign off on any deals

Agree, that shouldn't bother most non British managers. The big problem is having to work with the useless fuckers that are currently here. Apart from that,  working under Ashley probably isn't so bad, especially for a new coach. He will be given plenty of time, even if he fails, far more so than at any other PL club, and if he does well, we'll not stand in his way to move to a bigger club.

Also, if he does fail, he'll have the Ashley/Newcastle excuse.

He don´t have any staff.. yet

I know, but he might have someone he has in mind as a trusted #2. Hopefully it would be someone absolutely class who he's played with.

I can just see it:  :laugh:

Patrick Vieira: Put your boots on TH, we are on pitch unless we score soon...

Thierry Henry: Right boss..

Guest firetotheworks

Wiltord was good man. :lol:

Couldn't think of anyone worse from that Arsenal era though :-)

Grimandi

Guest antz1uk

Graham Carr came from Man City didn't he, how long ago was that? wonder if him an Vieira have crossed paths

Graham Carr came from Man City didn't he, how long ago was that? wonder if him an Vieira have crossed paths

Don´t think so.. Mark Hughes replaced Carr with some mate and that was when PV was with Inter