Charlie Austin

HawK

Just a thought - isn't talking to a players representatives without first getting permission from the selling club in the form of an accepted bid errrrm. . . . .tapping up?

Usually the selling club agrees for the buying club to agree terms with the player whilst discussions are ongoing between the two clubs.

This mainly happens in situations like this, where QPR are pretty resigned to losing him.

Just a thought - isn't talking to a players representatives without first getting permission from the selling club in the form of an accepted bid errrrm. . . . .tapping up?

Nothing to suggest we are tapping him up.

It's becoming more common for clubs to be giving permission to talk to players without a transfer fee being arranged.

As far as the selling club is confirmed it plays into their hands if the player decides he wants to move to that club.

Not if the player's club have agreed to it i don't think.

I guess we're finding out if he would be interested in coming here and how much he want in wages.

Once those discussions have taken place we'll offer QPR £4m and they'll rightly tell us to fuck off

It happens all the time, to be honest; it would be silly to enter a protracted transfer fee negotiation only for the player to tell you to f*** off at the end of it.

Pretty much what happens in FM to me :lol:

Only seems to be in very extreme circumstances aka the selling club really doesn't want to sell that it gets reported these days unfortunately. More power to the players.

Guest firetotheworks

S'hampton

THIS ISN'T A FUCKING THING.

You're just not...what was the word that was used again?

S'hampton

THIS ISN'T A f***ing THING.

You're just not...what was the word that was used again?

:lol: Erudite, I believe.

:lol: erudite ffs

e'dite tbh

T'dious w'nker says I.

Austin would be a cracking signing but really not sure on Berahino at all, especially seeing as though McClaren said he wants players with character. The only character he has is thinking he's the dogs bollocks because he had half a good season and thus being an absolute bellend. I can't believe he thinks he's good enough for Liverpool.

With Berahinio I was under the impression he thought he should be playing champions league footy already or something ( :lol: ), if he does come here it at least shows he'd rather play than sit on the bench. I doubt we'll get him though.

Austin would be a good signing from his goal scoring record, does he bring much to the team apart from goals though? Can he hold up the ball? I honestly haven't watched much of him.