Charlie Austin

HawK

With Berahinio I was under the impression he thought he should be playing champions league footy already or something ( :lol: ), if he does come here it at least shows he'd rather play than sit on the bench. I doubt we'll get him though.

Austin would be a good signing from his goal scoring record, does he bring much to the team apart from goals though? Can he hold up the ball? I honestly haven't watched much of him.

No just goals. QPR mates have all said he's great in the box but no good outside it with regards to linking up play or holding up the ball. As our team stands he'd be wasted.

With Berahinio I was under the impression he thought he should be playing champions league footy already or something ( :lol: ), if he does come here it at least shows he'd rather play than sit on the bench. I doubt we'll get him though.

Austin would be a good signing from his goal scoring record, does he bring much to the team apart from goals though? Can he hold up the ball? I honestly haven't watched much of him.

No just goals. QPR mates have all said he's great in the box but no good outside it with regards to linking up play or holding up the ball. As our team stands he'd be wasted.

Didn't he achieve the highest number of assists at QPR as well?

Guest Gino14

Cisse doesn't do a lot else either really, but this idea that it's "just goals" is undervaluing goals just a bit.  Cisse was injured or suspended for most of last season and even with that, we'd have been relegated without his goals, even though he does little else.

I also wouldn't be too quick to judge Charlie Austin's all round play on that QPR team.  They didn't really have any patterns of play to speak of, so the only time Austin could get involved most of the time was when the ball dropped for him in the box.

Chelsea linked.

Guess it depends what he's after. Would be the 3rd choice striker for Chelsea (assuming they lock up Falcao and/or shift Remy), play sparingly, but win a trophy or two. Or play every day for us, a team slightly better than QPR last season, and not seriously challenge for anything.

Cisse doesn't do a lot else either really, but this idea that it's "just goals" is undervaluing goals just a bit.  Cisse was injured or suspended for most of last season and even with that, we'd have been relegated without his goals, even though he does little else.

I also wouldn't be too quick to judge Charlie Austin's all round play on that QPR team.  They didn't really have any patterns of play to speak of, so the only time Austin could get involved most of the time was when the ball dropped for him in the box.

Neither do we though, I'd be fine with this otherwise.

Guest Gino14

If Chelsea come in for Austin he'll go there.  Most players back themselves and also get their ego boosted to back themselves by their money desiring agents.  Austin would be offered 2-3 times the money he'd get here and be at a much more ambitious club.  That's what he'll think of when he signs for them in that scenario.  I can only see them wanting him though if they want another good home grown player.  As it stands they have Costa, seem to be chasing Falcao and Remy doesn't seem to want a move.  I doubt Remy will agitate for a move either, since he's at a big team, on massive money and won't get a bigger team.  He might want more games, but for now the success at Chelsea seems to be enough to keep him happy.  I think it's unlikely Chelsea will actually buy Austin, but if they do go for him, we'll be out of the running.

Neither do we though, I'd be fine with this otherwise.

I'm hopeful that might change under McClaren.  I'm not confident it will, but we have to hope for better than under Pardew and Carver, otherwise we might as well just all give up now.

Guest Geordiesned

He tweeted this 5 minutes ago...

@chazaustin9: Honestly where do people get this stuff from #bull #nothingbettertodo

Used to go to school with this kid, be strange to see him if he signs.

What's he like?

A good lad, surprised he was the one to make it pro. Bulked up massively. Fair play to him. Very much a poacher tho. We need a supply line!