The Coaching Staff

NUFC

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-rangers-star-launches-stinging-12274705

Speaking in his column in the Scottish Sun, Kris Boyd said: “He’s probably not been this excited since FIFA 17 came out on PlayStation.

“But Ian Cathro is about to find out what football’s like in the real world. No harm to the guy set to be named as Hearts boss. I was on the same Pro Licence course as Cathro, and he’s definitely obsessed with coaching.

“He’s one of the up-and-coming, modern-era coaches who can organise a session just by flicking open his laptop.

“There isn’t a session out there he couldn’t get on to his Macbook. But setting up a presentation to a group of players is all well and good.

“That does not require man management skills, which is part of the game he knows absolutely nothing about.

“Time will tell if I’m wrong on that. But if I was a Jambo I’d be worried.

“For me the practical stuff involved in coaching is easy — it’s dealing with highly-charged players that’s the hard part.

“And for me Cathro is way, way out of his depth.”

Good luck to him. It's hard to say how much it will have an impact on us given you don't see a lot of what goes on behind the scenes but if he's as good as reported it has to be some sort of a blow. I'd half expected him to take over here if Benitez hadn't taken the job. It'll be interesting to see how well he does.

You'd imagine he's had a conversation with Rafa about it and been given the nod to go. It's a big move for him and in his shoes I'd have preferred to stay and learn for a few seasons but fair play to him. Wish him well.

Where are these 'Highly charged players' in the SPL.  I lived up there for 15 years and saw quite a lot of games which were  marginally better than pub football.  Let's face it if any of us on this forum took over Celtic or Rangers we'd finish first or second.  Ridiculous that they only have 10 teams in the division which means the top two get to play the crap teams below 4 times. It's like having 12 points start.  Good luck to Cathro, hopefully he's learned a lot with Rafa and seen what not to do with McLaren, hopefully Hearts is just a stepping stone for him

Good luck to him, was always destined to take a manager's gig by all accounts. Everything I've read about him has been positive in terms of his philosophy on the game, dedication to the job and care for this club and us the fans. But he's an ambitious young man and good for him. 30 years old and taking over as manager of top 5 placed Scottish side!

Guest neesy111

I think people forget Scotland only has 5 million people when they talk about how bad the league is there

This, they were punching well above their weight for years.