England: Thomas Tuchel signs 18 month contract with England from Jan 1 2025 (Official)

Nobody

17 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I like it purely because it's not Howe and on that basis I love it tbh, greatest appointment ever. Beyond that I don't think it's a good appointment at all tbh. Even when Tuchel's successful and not falling out with people, he has a very clear use by date of 1 year. Weirdly I think it's also a bad appointment for him, an international appointment should be beneath him unless he's looking for something a bit more laid back. 

Stretch it to 18 months or so and that's all we need to win the World Cup. A short term appointment makes sense if the idea is to get the best we possibly can before the next tournament. 

Just watched his press conference. He was asked 3-4 times if he thinks the England manager should be English and also if he will sing the national anthem (even by the reporter for a German outlet). FML.

He says he wants to put a second star on our shirt and one of the wankers, in a sarcastic tone just goes “good luck” then tries to cover it up. 

Edited by Joelinton7

1 hour ago, NUFC91 said:

Very good appointment imo, some of these pundits talking fluent shit, if Howe and Potter potentially didn't want it then who do they expect to take it.

Steve Bruce. He's English. 

1 hour ago, Joelinton7 said:

Just watched his press conference. He was asked 3-4 times if he thinks the England manager should be English and also if he will sing the national anthem (even by the reporter for a German outlet). FML.

He says he wants to put a second star on our shirt and one of the wankers, in a sarcastic tone just goes “good luck” then tries to cover it up. 

:lol: Imagine having a conversation with a German about nationalism and being the one that sounded mental.

5 hours ago, joeyt said:

I'm not really sure I buy the idea that the likes of Pep and Klopp and Howe are the right fit for international management. 

Their success is all about imprinting their philosophy relentlessly on the training ground so I'm not sure how they're going to do that in international management when they'll only see the players for a few days every couple of months 

I see it like this; international managers need to have a very clear philosophy as in a clear structure they can establish quickly, rather than rely on man-management and the qualities you gain by working with the players on a regular basis.

Edited by Collage

12 minutes ago, Mike said:

:lol: Imagine having a conversation with a German about nationalism and being the one that sounded mental.

I present to you exhibit A, the British media.

2 hours ago, Wullie said:

On the contrary, I think if the boot were on the other foot, the German FA would hire the manager of Hansa Rostock u13s before they would dream of hiring an Englishman (or any other nationality other than German). They would find it quite the humiliation to have to look outside of Germany.

I get your point, and yes we don’t exactly have a talented crop of English options available.

However if we want the possibility of quick success with an appointment like Tuchel then it’s important to drop the ego and make the best choice for the side, regardless of his nationality.

The majority of English coaches are seemingly thick as pig shit, along with a majority of english players. People have been crying in the press for decades now about how English coaches are never considered, but Steve Bruce is still getting new jobs. 

Tuchel is a pretty major upgrade on Southgate. 

Edited by Weezertron

3 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

That's what makes me think it was never going to Carsley, or he never wanted it. Otherwise it's a sudden and dramatic change of strategy. 

I think Carsley could’ve give them a decision to make and the lower salary would’ve appealed along with the optics. However he was a disaster in the media (whether you think that is important up to you). He had a mare against Greece apparently (did not see it) and on top of that give no actual sign to anyone he wanted the job. Quite the opposite in fact.

Just watched Neville talk about Tuchel’s appointment and how he’s surprised Potter or even Howe didn’t get given the role (being English).

What is it with these pundits who think they even wanted the job? Neville acting like the England job is the pinnacle of football management. It’s an undesirable job, why is that even remotely difficult to understand?

To be fair Carsley clearly wanted the job when he first came in, I just think the FA then decided he qouldnt be getting it, told him, and then he did that pathetic immature thing we all did when we were kids/some still do now when we don't get something we wanted and just go all "well, I never actually wanted it anyway"

I like the idea of giving him a run at the World Cup and then going from there.

Too early for someone like McKenna. 

Potter has done himself no favours by sitting out so long post Chelsea. Needs to build his rep back. 

Glad Howe is staying. He can now focus on wining some silverware.

3 hours ago, Wullie said:

On the contrary, I think if the boot were on the other foot, the German FA would hire the manager of Hansa Rostock u13s before they would dream of hiring an Englishman (or any other nationality other than German). They would find it quite the humiliation to have to look outside of Germany.

Would say it’s a bit different for us as that barrier is no longer in place. Only have to look at some of the jokers that have managed Brazil or Netherlands for example to show when it hasn’t they’re more inclined for local trash. 

Personally if you’re a big(gish) developed football nation I don’t think you should be importing your manager, even moreso if it’s someone who hasn’t spent the vast majority of their career in your country. As has been said it’s supposed to be the best of your nation tek.

I’m quite enjoying the type of person it seems to have triggered. Hope he wins the lot. 

On a serious note I think we should only ever hire an English manager unless the alternative is substantially higher quality than what is available. Sadly the only English manager that’s even remotely decent is Howe and he’s won nothing. Hiring Tuchel is a no brainer.

21 minutes ago, St1pe said:

I’m quite enjoying the type of person it seems to have triggered. Hope he wins the lot. 

On a serious note I think we should only ever hire an English manager unless the alternative is substantially higher quality than what is available. Sadly the only English manager that’s even remotely decent is Howe and he’s won nothing. Hiring Tuchel is a no brainer.

And he doesn’t want the job. 

1 hour ago, CallumG6 said:

Just watched Neville talk about Tuchel’s appointment and how he’s surprised Potter or even Howe didn’t get given the role (being English).

What is it with these pundits who think they even wanted the job? Neville acting like the England job is the pinnacle of football management. It’s an undesirable job, why is that even remotely difficult to understand?

Neville is fkn insufferable cunt - switch off every time this tosspot is on TV

Surprised no one in the press is asking for an all white team - can’t have these dirty blacks who are non patriots 

I hope it goes well but can already see some fans and the media picking flies,Can never understand how we have the best league in the world because of the Best foreign Managers/Players coming to the league yet when its the national side its a whole new world, On a side not what other countries how done this and won? 

1 hour ago, St1pe said:

Yeah this is pretty much my speed.

And given the highest profile (feasible) English manager was Graham f'n Potter, I'm alright with Tuchel.

We have a very limited pool of established English managers. It's a wildly multi cultural league, further diluted by the whole United Kingdom thing. Scottish managers have had infinitely more success than English managers. We've never had an English manager win the PL since football started 32 years ago. We're shit. It IS a little embarrassing that we need to hire a German manager. But the alternatives are Graham Potter and Lee Carsley. Fuck that.

6 hours ago, Barnes23 said:

Frank Lampard got them through the group stages :spit:  Incredible 

'I don't enjoy watching a Tuchel team', followed by 'Lamps is good'.

These fucking jobs for the boys neanderthals, man. Fuck off.