England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

Doubt it will matter much because it's Iceland but neither Kane or Sterling should be playing.

:lol: So arrogant.

I think England will go through, but the arrogance is horrible. Especially given how Iceland are pretty much one of the most horrible opponents they could be facing given the way they are trying to play their football. England are set  up perfectly for Iceland to do their thing and pick them off on the counter.

Think England will be dependant on getting an early goal to force Iceland out of their style of play, or I could see it becoming a lot more tense than the English expect.

I'm a bit all or nothing in my thinking about this game. England have had three games against teams set-up to defend, frustrate and counterattack. Iceland are arguably more used to this style (than Russia, Wales, and Slovakia) even though player for player I doubt  they are better than any of the three previous opponents, they're probably better at playing in this way. I don't see a scintillating  end to end 2-1, 3-2 type spectacle. If England score first (and early) then, I think Iceland will have to come out and I'd fancy a 3-0, or more. If 0-0 at 60 mins or if Iceland score first, then we've hardly covered ourself in glory when trying to break teams down, so it could be bleak for England.

Its a wild idea, but if a defence sits back it might help to have more than one striker in the box.

Or we could just keep passing it around the area while he watches & then have a go at him for scoring the 0 chances he's getting next to the 3 defenders marking him. I mean, hes probably just really tired. Lets try another guy in the same position. Hang on, thats not working. Lets change someone else, Lallana's playing ok whilst having 0 goal threat, lets change him for someone playing really poorly also with 0 goal threat. I reckon that takes our goal threat up.

Its a wild idea, but if a defence sits back it might help to have more than one striker in the box.

Or we could just keep passing it around the area while he watches & then have a go at him for scoring the 0 chances he's getting next to the 3 defenders marking him. I mean, hes probably just really tired. Lets try another guy in the same position. Hang on, thats not working. Lets change someone else, Lallana's playing ok whilst having 0 goal threat, lets change him for someone playing really poorly also with 0 goal threat. I reckon that takes our goal threat up.

Exactly, I really don't think we need that extra man in midfield against sides that will sit back. Against France if we get there then fine, but we should have gone with 2 strikers for every game so far imo, even if we have played some lovely stuff at times with this formation.

Doubt it will matter much because it's Iceland but neither Kane or Sterling should be playing.

Because i think we can beat we can beat Iceland? GTFO :lol: Not like i'm saying it about a legitimately great team now is it.

If me thinking we can beat Iceland is arrogant then go ahead and call me arrogant.

Because i think we can beat we can beat Iceland? GTFO :lol: Not like i'm saying it about a legitimately great team now is it.

If me thinking we can beat Iceland is arrogant then go ahead and call me arrogant.

:lol: You're fucking arrogant. You've been awful all tournament and the team you think you have in your minds is never the team that shows up at the match. You're just banging names together in your head and siding with the more famous ones. Iceland have been busting their asses and working together in every fucking match and you think all you have to do to win is show up because you're England. That shit's fucking delusional.

Having said that you'll probably win.

:lol: You're fucking arrogant. You've been awful all tournament and the team you think you have in your minds is never the team that shows up at the match. You're just banging names together in your head and siding with the more famous ones. Iceland have been busting their asses and working together in every fucking match and you think all you have to do to win is show up because you're England. That shit's fucking delusional.

:thup: :lol: Yes.

It's bled through to the fans.

I would hardly say we've been shit like, we just can't actually stick the ball in the net :lol: