England

Yorkie

It does feel like fans are starting to turn against the media, especially on this topic as everyone I've spoken about it disagree with what the media did

Was absolutely fuming, we didn't take Shelvey or Lascelles to World Cup, but must admit, have been pretty impressed with how Southgate has handled everything so far.

Considering how we play i completely understand it now personally.

I missed this "photogate" thing, these huffy tweets from journalists are fantastic. I think Lampard had it right, the players have made an effort to develop a rapport with these people and this was clearly an abuse of that relationship. I've seen the same journalists whining on the sunday supplement about players not wanting to talk to the media anymore, at what point will the penny drop? You're cunts, no one likes you and no one trusts you.

It's all a big fallout over nothing IMO.

Steve Holland was careless, yes. But it was suggested about 10 minutes after FT on Monday you could bring in Rashford for Sterling and given Alli appeared injured and Ruben Loftus-Cheek made an impact, swap the latter for the former. People on here said it. People on Twitter said it. 5 Live Tuesday morning were saying it.

I can see where Southgate's coming from. When it comes to England, for whatever reason our reporters covering the national team for national papers (John Cross et al - all the usual knackas that appear on Sunday Supplement week in, week out) want to bash the team. Was this really in the public interest, given two possible changes were so widely speculated? No.

However, has it severely jeopardised our chances of beating Panama? No.

The way some reporters have reacted is quite frankly pathetic. I don't think they expected so many people, particularly on social media, to come out in support of Southgate.

If anything, it should be a lesson for the FA maybe not to be as open in future. They've seemingly bent over backwards to accommodate reporters, which is to be commended. It might work elsewhere but as long as we've got journalists doing whatever to sell papers and get hits and clicks, it should probably be reconsidered.

It is only Panama, but what if it was Germany in the knockout stages and changes had been made specifically to deal with them, would they have done the same? Southgate will need to question whether journalists will be allowed near training when we play decent teams.

Was absolutely fuming, we didn't take Shelvey or Lascelles to World Cup, but must admit, have been pretty impressed with how Southgate has handled everything so far.

Considering how we play i completely understand it now personally.

Aye, I mean I still think Delph is pointless, and Livermore ahead on reserve was a pisstake, but he’s playing with 2 pretty dynamic, mobile midfielders alongside Henderson. If Henderson plays like he did against Tunisia too then there’s less need for Shelvey anyway :lol:

Guest chopey

My favourite sarcastic journo comment so far. Fucking mug :lol:

I'd be straight on the phone to Warburtons if it was shit bread though