England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

Is that England manager's job doc worth a look?

I thought it was really enjoyable tbh.

I now despise Henry Winter because of it.

A decent watch.

Apart from the bits when Allardyce is being a wanker.

Probably need to play Rose for the next game. Southgate’s philosophy seems to be using his experience as a player. That will involve, I think, using other players. And rose would offer us balance on the left.

That win is massive for confidence. Just think of the mood the fans, and players, if we’d drawn that game. It was massive to win

It looks like a complete radgepacket fest :lol: fuck that

The O2^

There was a few of them, however, everyone was in great spirits and there was no bother at all, nor did there appear to be anyone looking to cause any trouble.

Yeah, remember Euro 96, Gareth? You can forget it now.

Gareth. Remember, Gareth?

Do you remember?

Euro 96, Gareth. Remember?

Well you can forget about Euro 96, Gareth.

Euro 96.

:lol:

He seems to be alright with it now.

Actually in seriousness, in that BBC documentary Southgate spoke well about it. Was interesting.

Said that it was liberating for him as England manager now, because it couldn't possibly get worse than that moment for him.

Yeah, remember Euro 96, Gareth? You can forget it now.

Gareth. Remember, Gareth?

Do you remember?

Euro 96, Gareth. Remember?

Well you can forget about Euro 96, Gareth.

Euro 96.

Fucking about with the starting lineup was exactly what fucked any momentum we had in the last tournament, ridiculous to suggest we do that again. A game every 5 days or so is fine and momentum is far more important than rest or anything else.

It's the same shit everytime with our media, if we play shit and lose, it's a disaster and the world is falling apart, sack the manager. Then if we win suddenly we are world beaters, there is just no middle ground. Which is exactly where this win was, job done and move on to much tougher matches (except next one of course against Panama, which is another game we have no reason not to win).

Trippier was the only player with any urgency all game. Was fantastic.

Saw Spurs fans saying they wanted Yedlin back :lol:

Absurd

Fuck me, not sure which Spurs fans you’ve been hanging out with :lol:?

It looks like a complete radgepacket fest :lol: fuck that

The O2^

Aye, it’s interesting like. Watched the 3-2 v Sweden there. Dat Carroll goal. Shame the ale is so horrifically aids.

That's me never watching a match in Millennium Square in Leeds or the O2 Academy in Newcastle, if those clips are owt to go by. :lol: What a set of animals.

Buzzing for Panama now, mind. Tunisia obviously weren't the strongest opponents because they were so lacking in quality going forward. However - like so many teams at this level - they came to do a job on us and almost did. They weren't too different to the likes of Iceland and other smaller nations; very Championship, tbh - they're awkward, dig in, niggle, they're rigid... credit to the English players for keeping their heads and keeping playing. A victory was their just desserts.

We'll go into the next game against even weaker opposition with an opportunity to score a few goals and put some dodgy finishing out of our minds. Really hope two or three of our attacking players grab a goal, and I'd like to see Southgate rotate a little bit. Keep the squad fresh; this result has enabled that.

What an odd argument. Who cares who Khazri plays for? Literally makes no difference to anything that has or will take place.

Can remember approximately 0 teams making tactical starting XI changes after game 1 in a bid to finish second in a group they can win either, absurd.

The original point if you look back was to put some perspective on the quality of the opposition, which is not great. Then you have two mensas here who don't understand how player registration works.

Everyone knows Tunisia aren’t a great side, your evidence for proving that which everyone already knew made no sense at all. Khazri is obviously better than League 1 standard.

You’re on the wind up I hope.

With a minute to go in the first half, the whole pub was screaming for us to launch it into the box, but England passed it around. I like that, don’t panic, try and play your own game and be confident that there is more than enough time during the second half to win the game. Usually we launch it long.

Again there was lots of positives tonight. We lack a ball player/creativity in midfield mind and will struggle against anyone who can dictate/dominate the midfield areas.

Huge goal threat all game though and again, the fact we didn't panic and kept plugging away was promising.

Kane didn’t have a stellar game, but he looks like he can/will score even from half chances. He should have had a pen as well, blatant as fuck.

Beat Panama and that’s us through IMO.

Big call :lol:

It's good to go into a World Cup where for once we have a settled system and there isn't too much debate about team selection.

Sterling v Rashford is a close call, but Sterling, for all his talent, just doesn't seem to adjust to the situation around him. We are a passing side and I don't think his passing is up to scratch.

Young v Rose is also close. Young was able to get a few crosses in, but the better sides won't allow him to shift the ball to his right foot like that.

But we do look like scoring goals. We're good on attacking set pieces, Alli and Lingard create problems breaking forward, and Kane seems to have got a bit of confidence now at that level.