England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

Unless Bruce is found guilty he won't be ruled out

It is a pattern of England recruitment in recent years, plus many other managerial appointments not to turn towards something similar. Bruce as an old guard PFM is too similar. There is risk too of further stings and controversies down the line. So even if Bruce is innocent the FA will go with someone whose CV doesn't look like they have any dirty laundry behind the sofa waiting to be found by the press.

What's on Steve Bruce's CV that may suggest he's got some dirty laundry? Just because he's managed a lot of average PL/Championship clubs?

Allardyce and Redknapp have always had allegations surrounding them but I'm pretty sure Bruce has never had anything dodgy about him except his nose and always employing his son. I might be missing something obvious but I can't remember any allegations against him

It is a pattern of England recruitment in recent years, plus many other managerial appointments not to turn towards something similar. Bruce as an old guard PFM is too similar. There is risk too of further stings and controversies down the line. So even if Bruce is innocent the FA will go with someone whose CV doesn't look like they have any dirty laundry behind the sofa waiting to be found by the press.

What's on Steve Bruce's CV that may suggest he's got some dirty laundry? Just because he's managed a lot of average PL/Championship clubs?

Allardyce and Redknapp have always had allegations surrounding them but I'm pretty sure Bruce has never had anything dodgy about him except his nose and always employing his son. I might be missing something obvious but I can't remember any allegations against him

Have you been paying attentions of the scandal? Telegraph has dirt on over ten high profile managers involved in English football. Once all these come out it is going to be hard for the FA to look at any of the old guard, purely from the risk of association regardless of whether they are found to be clean.

Have you been paying attentions of the scandal? Telegraph has dirt on over ten high profile managers involved in English football. Once all these come out it is going to be hard for the FA to look at any of the old guard, purely from the risk of association regardless of whether they are found to be clean.

I maintain that he won't be ruled out just because he's been around English football for a long time.  He may not get the job but I doubt the FA will rule him out immediately considering he's done nothing suspicious in his career as far as I'm aware, providing he's not one of the named managers .

Who knows,  one of the 10 high profile managers could be Eddie Howe

I'm not actually interested in Sam or England very much at all, but this is still oddly F5-worthy stuff, almost Pardew to Palace levels of compulsion :lol: