England

Yorkie

Don't understand what Ox has done to be starting for England

It's the same all over the park. Hart, Jones, Cahill.

Play some fucking different players Gareth man.

Cahill started nigh on every match in the team that won the title tbf. [emoji38] Hart, definitely. Jones, probably.

In a side that played 3 at the back and its hardly progressive. Although, I take your point.

England should be too imo.

Agree.

What a finish.

Hate the acoustics at Wembley, the delay on the cheers is annoying and generally the atmosphere sounds wank.

Canny Prawn Sarnies though. Pfft, some people just aren't happy.

Guest firetotheworks

Its a controversial opinion, and will probably be laughed at, but to me Glenn Hoddle speaks so much sense when commentating on England that I genuinely don't think he'd be the worse option as manager for us.

Might just be nostalgia as the last time we looked world class was when he was the manager and he wasn't sacked for anything football related, aye I know he's been out the game a while in a working sense but he obviously pays a lot of attention to England

I agree man. It's a real shame he got ditched. Think he has a lot of sense and idea of what needs sorting, and he would be brave enough to pick people that can actually play and not over rely on reputations.

This is funny when you think about why he was ditched, Eileen Drewery and him not picking Gazza and Le Tissier in '98. [emoji38]

Its a controversial opinion, and will probably be laughed at, but to me Glenn Hoddle speaks so much sense when commentating on England that I genuinely don't think he'd be the worse option as manager for us.

Might just be nostalgia as the last time we looked world class was when he was the manager and he wasn't sacked for anything football related, aye I know he's been out the game a while in a working sense but he obviously pays a lot of attention to England

I agree man. It's a real shame he got ditched. Think he has a lot of sense and idea of what needs sorting, and he would be brave enough to pick people that can actually play and not over rely on reputations.

This is funny when you think about why he was ditched, Eileen Drewery and him not picking Gazza and Le Tissier in '98. [emoji38]

It is the last time we had any kind of obvious plan as an England side, however as you say, when Hoddle was relieved of his duties, it was clear he'd completely lost the dressing room due to mainly non football issues.

I'd like to see him get another go having said that.  He's clearly streets above Southgate for one

Guest firetotheworks

It is the last time we had any kind of obvious plan as an England side, however as you say, when Hoddle was relieved of his duties, it was clear he'd completely lost the dressing room due to mainly non football issues.

I'd like to see him get another go having said that.  He's clearly streets above Southgate for one

Aye, his nuttery was definitely non-football based. I never really thought about the Le Tissier point at the time, but I remember you linking that Football Mavericks programme and he made a good point about Hoddle not picking him when Hoddle had the same treatment from England for the same reason. Still think he should have taken Gazza as well, but I can understand why he didn't.