England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

Tunisia aren’t shocking, they’re alright.

Really .... Khazari is their captain, a division 3 player, the club don't want to keep. In the first half they defended like a pub team club, unfortunately our finishing was at the same level.

My biggest issue with VAR is they seem to not have a clue when and where to use it, there seems to be no rules in place for it to be consistent. When ever i've seen video ref in other sports there's mostly a clear set of rules in place to use the tech.

That doesn't seem the case here at all.

For the 2nd penalty, the ref makes a sign to KAne or whomever that he dived, surely, surely VAR should be in there to confirm if that was the case, and it clearly wasn't. It's really worrying that teams like Tunisia will see the way this is reffed and know how to counter teams like England who are good at set pieces.

They're ranked 21 in the world apparently. Playing for a point. We should have been 3 or 4 up in first 20 mins and they parked the bus after they got back in it. That's a really good 3 points all things considered.

Guest firetotheworks

Really .... Khazari is their captain, a division 3 player, the club don't want to keep. In the first half they defended like a pub team club, unfortunately our finishing was at the same level.

Have you mixed up ligue 1 and league one? [emoji38]

TBF he's technically still on the books at Sunderland. :lol:

Rest players v Panama (because they're shit) and v Belgium (because finishing 2nd looks set to have a nicer route). Then it's over 2 weeks until the next big game.

Great chance to take it easy and throw in Rose, Loftus-Cheek, Rashford, Vardy, Alexander-Arnold etc.

Last time I checked Sunderland were in Div 3... Did I miss something ???

Rest players v Panama (because they're shit) and v Belgium (because finishing 2nd looks set to have a nicer route). Then it's over 2 weeks until the next big game.

Great chance to take it easy and throw in Rose, Loftus-Cheek, Rashford, Vardy, Alexander-Arnold etc.

We should probably try not being shit before we rest anyone like. Happy to lob out the reserves vs Belgium if we are through by then and Germany finished 2nd.

Aye it should be remembered that from the historically "big" teams only really France won, just getting points on the board is a positive.

That opening 30 minutes gives me some optimism for this team. I really thought we would struggle and I am pleasantly surprised. There is no obvious favourites to win the tournament, based on the opening performances.

He was on loan to a Ligue 1 side last season you know nowt. Like calling Thauvin a Championship player.

Guest alijmitchell

What the fuck do people expect man. We've been horseshit for ages and ages, finally win an opening game and people getting their knickers in a knot because we haven't smashed 10 past them. Get a fucking grip and enjoy the result.

Guest firetotheworks

Last time I checked Sunderland were in Div 3... Did I miss something ???

He's been on loan at Rennes all season and finished 5th in Ligue 1, because he was too good for the Championship let alone League One. He'll not be playing for Sunderland again.

Makes no sense

What the fuck do people expect man. We've been horseshoe for ages and ages, finally win an opening game and people getting their knickers in a knot because we haven't smashed 10 past them. Get a fucking grip and enjoy the result.

:thup: Was mostly pleased personally, thought the tempo was a bit slow for much of the 2nd half but that's natural considering how high we are pressing there would be low in tempo.

Guest alijmitchell

As if debating which league Khazri plays in makes a bloody difference anyway. Tunisia aren't a great side but a difficult team to play against. We've finally got an opening game win and people are piss-moaning