England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

Now that the dust has settled and we know who we are playing next, it’s up to Southgate to send out the right team and to get them playing the way he wants us to play so that we can beat Columbus. Let’s hope those rested return chomping at the bit and keep the dream of not facing Brazil in the quarters alive!

:lol:

Sick of seeing the word 'momentum' tonight.

Yes, it could backfire on Southgate if they lose to Colombia. But, then again, England could've lost to Japan. Playing the percentages, man.

Job done.

Forget about the momentum meter for a moment, England tonight used up the benevolent bounty of my cup of goodwill, which was full but is now sorely depleted. Competitive internationals against fancied sides come around but rarely, and this one barely came before I wished it were gone.

Anyway, if the final is the objective, I don't think there's much between the two sides of the draw. Better Japan than Colombia, better the Swedes or Swiss than Brazil, and better the Argentines, French, Portuguese or Uruguayans than Spain or Croatia judging on performances so far in my opinion, then it's just the final to go!

Guest neesy111

Sick of seeing the work 'momentum' tonight.

Yes, it could backfire on Southgate if they lose to Colombia. But, then again, England could've lost to Japan. Playing the percentages, man.

Job done.

Didn't realize you were a love child of Sam allardyce Football.

Well we're all back on the same page now lets just hope we go for it & do well from here.

I'll be impressed if we can get past Colombia & I've a feeling Rodriguez will make a miraculous recovery. That Quintero lad aswell may have a say.

Kane could be the difference for us though. Kane is the player we haven't had for a long time.

I’m sure I read an article a while ago basically arguing that ‘momentum’ in respect of sporting mentality is a nonsense.  In any event, would beating a weakened Belgium with a full strength team really make any difference? Some amazing amateur psychologists knocking around on twitter though.

Guest neesy111

I’m sure I read an article a while ago basically arguing that ‘momentum’ in respect of sporting mentality is a nonsense.  In any event, would beating a weakened Belgium with a full strength team really make any difference? Some amazing amateur psychologists knocking around on twitter though.

Was that someone's opinion or actual research.

Guest neesy111

Momentum are s**** at football anyway. f***ing hippy lefties.

Very true, need a centalist party to win the midfield battle.

Was that someone's opinion or actual research.

Actual research. Wasn’t the article I read but just saw something by freakonomics on momentum that referenced research - http://freakonomics.com/2011/11/20/football-freakonomics-is-momentum-a-myth-2/

Went out into the garden to have a beer at full time and accidently left ITV on the TV and just walked in to Danny Dyer telling Piers Morgan and Jeremy Corbyn he think's David Cameron is a twat for calling the EU referendum.

Bloke has just gone up in my estimation.

:lol:

Guest neesy111

The only thing I'm annoyed about us losing this game, is that were on ITV again.

:lol: Only time I ever watch it is for football. Entire channel built on programmes for thick c***s.

BBC's coverage for this tournament is absolutely shite.