England

Yorkie

It all well and good saying we were the better team, but Belgium went 2-0 up fairly early so they shut up shop. We had absolutely no answer to their low block. Southgate’s system is awful with 2 defensive midfield players in it.

It all well and good saying we were the better team, but Belgium went 2-0 up fairly early so they shut up shop. We had absolutely no answer to their low block. Southgate’s system is awful with 2 defensive midfield players in it.

This. Turned it off at HT as could see the 2nd half coming. Belgium did the job and then made it difficult. Before they scored they were on top and dictating the game.

Guest neesy111

Maybe I just haven't seen him on a good day, but is Sancho really a £100m player?

Same tbh. Not convinced his stats would be anywhere near as good in another league/ team

He's been poor this season.

I think Sancho and Sterling, while still great players, are heavily reliant on the quality and style of play of their team. They’re intelligent, but will always have space to run into and team mates to make the right runs off. They don’t have the technical ability of Grealish, who is terrific and England need to build the team around.

I still think there’s things to like about Southgate, but with the quality he has available he’s frustrating. We don’t have great centre-backs, so he compensates by playing a third one and removing an attacker, meaning we have a disproportionate amount of attacking quality on the bench. He then chooses to start with Mount, who (while still a fine player) is an underwhelming winger choice. Kane, Grealish and Mount are not a quick front three and I’d like to think he wouldn’t be first choice if/when Sterling, Sancho, Rashford, Ings and Calvert-Lewin are also available. Then you’ve got a midfield four comprising of two full-backs and an uninspiring CM pairing of a CB/DM and a box-to-box midfielder with no goals in 57 caps...

Taken about 5 years for some to appreciate Grealish's talent

Grealish included in fairness.

He's always been very talented

Talented yes in spells. Just lacked focus and application early on. Particularly off the pitch. Hopefully he appreciates what he has and can achieve now.

Just needs to stay on his feet more. More to football than just winning loads of FKs in harmless areas of the pitch.

Talented yes in spells. Just lacked focus and application early on. Particularly off the pitch. Hopefully he appreciates what he has and can achieve now.

Just needs to stay on his feet more. More to football than just winning loads of FKs in harmless areas of the pitch.

He's been consistently very good for a few seasons now.

This is the best squad since around Euro 96 mind, not many managers have had players as good as this.

Not sure what Southgate should have done last night, personally I'd do without Declan Rice and Dier. He was a bit unlucky not to have Rashford or Sterling. I still don't know if Sancho is good.

Just not 5 seasons like you stated. Still reminds me of Rui Costa. Just feel there’s something still missing and not sure it’s in him. Like a real killer instinct in the final third. Time will tell.

Just not 5 seasons like you stated. Still reminds me of Rui Costa. Just feel there’s something still missing and not sure it’s in him. Like a real killer instinct in the final third. Time will tell.

I didn't say he's been very good for 5 seasons. I said it's taken 5 years for people to appreciate he's talented