England

Yorkie

On 31/05/2022 at 14:03, Bizza said:

Absolute joke. 

All the pieces are coming together when you look back at the thread. Almost as if I will see a post saying this isn't a world cup qualifier next. 

Guest neesy111
On 31/05/2022 at 22:03, Bizza said:

Absolute joke. 

England are planning the same

Dull as hell game. Only really Bowen and Bellingham seemingly doing good things.

We seem so slow to move the ball around we never really have many options to cut through.

England aren't playing with a midfielder that can drop to get the ball off the centre-backs and then start to build up play and get the ball further up the pitch.

Rice and Bellingham barely even move into space to make themselves available to receive the ball. Very very poor.

4 minutes ago, KaKa said:

England aren't playing with a midfielder that can drop to get the ball off the centre-backs and then start to build up play and get the ball further up the pitch.

Rice and Bellingham barely even move into space to make themselves available to receive the ball. Very very poor.

I agree , 

southgate loves two midfielders in that position , basically doing the same job 

They rarely run forward and look one paced 

Feels like one of those awful Covid games where they were only allowed a few in.

Commentary is pretty dreary as well, which doesn't help. Mind you, not sure what they could say, other than playing I-Spy with each other.

18 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

I agree , 

southgate loves two midfielders in that position , basically doing the same job 

They rarely run forward and look one paced 

I'm not even sure which current England midfielder can do that job.

The one guy that was developing into that player, and who was very good at moving to receive the ball, getting it under pressure and turning away from the press to get moves going was Harry Winks, but once Pochettino left and they started bringing in more defensive minded managers in, he got kicked out of the first team at Spurs and then lost his England place.

From what I can see until England can sort that out, they'll never get the most out of all of the fantastic attacking talent they have, because they won't get the ball up to them all enough.

Hungary look far more convincing moving the ball around and progressing the ball up the pitch through the lines.

Edited by KaKa