England

Yorkie

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

:lol: :lol: That was the joke mate, he doesn't have any gaffes for England. 

Anyway, agree to disagree you crazy diamond. 

Yeah I guessed that it was gonna be his good parts for England haha was just saying it wasn't loading to view.

1 hour ago, WillingtonMag said:

No it isn't his gaffs were being high lighted in 2020 and Man United fans were complaining about him then.

Largely they were talking about him needing a partner, not being replaced. They finished 2nd? Most of their starting players had solid seasons at the worst.  

2 hours ago, WillingtonMag said:

He's been an absolute shambles for his club for 2 seasons now, we've made these mistakes in the past and it's cost us in major tournaments. Players should be picked on form its not like its been one or two mistakes from him he's consistently not been good enough.

Klose scored 3 goals all season leading up to the 2010 World Cup then scored 4 while he was there. Shearer went about 2 years without an England goal before winning the Golden Boot at Euro 96. He’s never once left England down and works well for Southgate so why shouldn’t he play?

It’s too simplistic to say ‘pick players on club form’ because you could end up with a squad of Michael Ricketts, Gavin McCanns, etc.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

Loads of players are better for their countries than their clubs. The slower pace and more defensive team clearly suits Maguire, he's unlikely to get caught in a high line on the turn for England. I doubt Pogba's getting dropped from the France team any time soon because of his Man United situation.

Some fans had a problem with him coming into the starting 11 after missing a couple of group games. I understand that you pick players on form, but some players have stepped up massively at international level for a long period of time now and can't be dropped because a player has hit form in time for a call-up. 

He's a safe choice for England. Rarely gets booked, rarely if ever makes a mistake and he carries the ball so well in possession. 

I'd make a similar argument for John Stones to be selected. Both players are exactly what this England team need.

Is there an in form defender that should be taking Maguire’s place? Dan Burn? 

I must be missing all these wonderfully in-form centre backs we have in England.

Just now, AJ9 said:

Is there an in form defender that should be taking Maguire’s place? Dan Burn? 

I must be missing all these wonderfully in-form centre backs we have in England.

Burn’s been very good but he’s been making the sort of mistake the last couple of games that people want Maguire out of the team for.

2 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Burn’s been very good but he’s been making the sort of mistake the last couple of games that people want Maguire out of the team for.

Absolutely agree

14 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Get this man running for a Tory seat in a conservative stronghold, he’s not able to do enough damage on Twitter alone 

With every tweet you can see why England managers weren't ever keen to have him around. And why no club ever took him from Southampton. 

Same argument all dribbling idiots like him use, including the ones that have been on here over the years:

Acting like criticism of their opinion is the same thing as saying they can't have an opinion. 

Usually paired with them saying other people should shut up/leave the country if they don't like something that they do.

Edited by Kid Icarus

26 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Same argument all dribbling idiots like him use, including the ones that have been on here over the years:

Acting like criticism of their opinion is the same thing as saying they can't have an opinion. 

Usually paired with them saying other people should shut up/leave the country if they don't like something that they do.

And it's never difficult to out them as being hypocrites. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...