England

Yorkie

5 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

Think utterly disgraceful is pushing it like. More of a disgrace that he hasn't been dropped really.

Why would you drop a defender who's on a goalscoring run with England that most strikers would be happy with?

Absolutely no idea what people are thinking. Is it too much of a mental burden for people to carry that despite being shit for Man United he's very good for England?

Guest HTT II

He’s been exemplary for England and is a goal threat from set penises too. It helps that he and the whole defence for England are often well insulated, which he isn’t afforded at all at Man Utd. I’d like England to play more adventurous personally, but we do lack the right kind of defenders to be more open. 

Guest HTT II

Remember when Shearer didn’t score for nearly 2 years for England? So glad we didn’t sign him in the end…

Edited by HTT II

Guest HTT II

And why would any so-called fan boo any player for England after what they have delivered the last few years on and off the pitch man, that’s why I wouldn’t go to an England game at Wembley, it’s usually filled with absolute tossers, wannabe hooligans, racists and people who have never saw a game of footy before!

Just now, HTT II said:

Remember when Shearer didn’t score for nearly 2 years for England? So glad we didn’t sign him…

Was thinking similar. Distinctly remember Batty lobbing a through ball to Shearer and him absolutely blasting it in against Portugal. I remember thinking "I wish they'd do that for Newcastle" because we were poor at the time, I didn't think to myself "you know what? They shouldn't be playing for England"

Guest HTT II
Just now, WillingtonMag said:

Got to take into account he's making some absolute clangers though its not just that he's had under par performances it's giving goals away with stupid mistakes, so for me he can't be trusted and should be dropped.

I’m all for picking players on form which Southgate tends to do or at least gives others their chance, but a manager needs a few players he can at least rely on and Maguire, as gaff prone as he has been for his club, again has been exemplary for England whenever I’ve seen them/him play.

Just now, HTT II said:

I’m all for picking players on form which Southgate tends to do or at least gives others their chance, but a manager needs a few players he can at least rely on and Maguire, as gaff prone as he has been for his club, again has been exemplary for England whenever I’ve seen them/him play.

And if one of these gaffs costs us the world Cup?

Guest HTT II
Just now, WillingtonMag said:

Any player could make a mistake that is costly, be it the ‘keeper or a centre-forward. I think Maguire doesn’t deserve any stick from England fans at all, I base what I see of him for England in how he plays for England, a job he’s done very well along with another player who seems to get stick for his club form, Pickford.

3 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

Who are you replacing him with that is both gaffe proof and replaces what you'd lose by taking him out?

Literally no one

Edited by Kid Icarus

8 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

Not really the same is it never a doubt that Shearer was a top centre forward.

It's not the same for the opposite reason you're saying.

Shearer didn't perform for England despite being seen as a top class player for his club.

Maguire has performed at a consistently excellent level for England despite being seen as a poor player for his club.  

10 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Who are you replacing him with that is both gaffe proof and replaces what you'd lose by taking him out?

Literally no one

stones, white, mings, coady...burn? 😂 serious man go and watch his latest gaffs compilation on YouTube it's not isolated incidents is it.

Guest HTT II

My mate supports Man Utd and hammers Maguire but says their defence literally are exposed time and time again and with the added pressure the likes of him are becoming gaffe prone, this same person says Ronaldo has tried to do many of his famous trademark tricks and fell over the ball a few times which is becoming laughable now. He says why can’t Maguire perform for them they way he does England.

Edited by HTT II

4 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

It's not the same for the opposite reason you're saying.

Shearer didn't perform for England despite being seen as a top class player for his club.

Maguire has performed at a consistently excellent level for England despite being seen as a poor player for his club.  

Shearer was world class in his position man ffs it isn't comparable

3 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

stones, white, mings, coady...burn? 😂 serious man go and watch his latest gaffs compilation on YouTube it's not isolated incidents is it.

They're scoring 6 goals in 14 games are they? :lol:

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Here's his England gaffe compilation...

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.e598e5160552ad3f5ca280311c677107.png

Video isn't loading I'd rather have my centre half's trustworthy and reliable especially at international level, Maguire isn't that and deserves to lose his place based on his piss poor performances at club level.

1 minute ago, WillingtonMag said:

Video isn't loading I'd rather have my centre half's trustworthy and reliable especially at international level, Maguire isn't that and deserves to lose his place based on his piss poor performances at club level.

:lol: :lol: That was the joke mate, he doesn't have any gaffes for England. 

Anyway, agree to disagree you crazy diamond. 

Edited by Kid Icarus