England

Yorkie

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Bellingham and Kane are a great combo.

Build the rest of the team around the pair and the positions they have played in tonight.

I would add Saka too - think he’s amazing 

Grealish on the left 

Foden needs to start very match, as does Bellingham and Kane. I’d also want Saka in there. Think Rashford is probably a better option than Grealish as I think Grealish might find it hard to play in a different system now that he’s been Pepped. Rice should start every match as well. It’s an extremely good squad, especially across midfield, wings and up front 

1 minute ago, Tsunami said:

England could be some team with the right manager. We’ve got some real talent that is being held back by the way we play.

:lol: said whilst England comfortably dispatches a very decent Scotland side on their own patch.

I get the clamour for getting more of the gifted attackers on the pitch at the same time, I genuinely do. But some of the criticism is twilight zone stuff at times. Even at the World Cup just gone we scored 6 against a side that barely conceded a goal in their qualifying; 3 against Wales, 3 against the African champions. 

Rice and Philips midfield has looked really good as a base for the attacking players.

Both have made themselves available for the ball and passed it forward well.

Henderson should be nowhere near starting for England anymore. 

Not sure who Southgate could use as alternative options behind Rice and Philips though. Ward-Prowse could be one, but not sure who else. England are light in that area.

1 minute ago, andyc35i said:

Trippier playing the whole game, I haven’t been watching? I think Tino gets a start on Saturday with the trip to Milan coming up so quickly 

I tell you what, Tripper left back for us would be absolutely fine. Been decent tonight.

Just now, Mikky said:
2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I don't think there's a definitive England XI tbh, it just depends who you're playing aside from probably Walker, Rice, Bellingham, Kane 

Add Stomes

And Pickford, like it or not. 

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

:lol: said whilst England comfortably dispatches a very decent Scotland side on their own patch.

I get the clamour for getting more of the gifted attackers on the pitch at the same time, I genuinely do. But some of the criticism is twilight zone stuff at times. Even at the World Cup just gone we scored 6 against a side that barely conceded a goal in their qualifying; 3 against Wales, 3 against the African champions. 

Think we average three goals a game :lol:

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I can’t believe Foden isn’t destined to play centrally TBH. Him, Rice and Bellingham. 

I think if you play that way it doesn't allow Bellingham the same freedom to bomb ahead of Kane like he did tonight.

Unless Southgate uses full backs that come into midfield and then allow Foden and Bellingham complete freedom to get forward.

Can't see Gareth being anywhere near that inventive though.