England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

1 hour ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

It would be easier to put it down to just a few knackers if the evidence didn’t suggest otherwise. See today's videos of large groups of England fans singing "German Bombers" in Germany this morning to illustrate the point. It’s fucking cringe on a different level to anyone with an IQ approaching triple digits.

I'm talking in more general terms than just about our national team's traveling fans, but even then the only reason you aren't seeing the ones who are behaving is that they're not so very interesting I guess

53 minutes ago, Guybrush said:

Couldn't name our defence, but surely our front six is:

Gordon -- Kane -- Saka

Rice -- Foden -- Bellingham

With Rice and Bellingham behind Foden as the 10.

Thinking of defence, I know Dan Burn was feeling the heat toward the end, but I still think he would've been a good squad option for England considering our options.

Id argue the defence is the most obvious one to name. Can't see anything other than walker stones guehi trippier. Southgate will be arguably more cautious than what you put

8 minutes ago, OpenC said:

I'm talking in more general terms than just about our national team's traveling fans, but even then the only reason you aren't seeing the ones who are behaving is that they're not so very interesting I guess

Something like 250,000-300,000 allegedly going out there of which 248,000-298,000 will simply have a nice time. 

I went to France in 2016 and was largely the same but it’s obviously what makes the media as me having a nice time drinking pints and going to games isn’t newsworthy.

2 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

Id argue the defence is the most obvious one to name. Can't see anything other than walker stones guehi trippier. Southgate will be arguably more cautious than what you put

It's mainly harder for me to name because I haven't been paying attention, that's on me [emoji38]

18 minutes ago, toon25 said:

:lol:

Just on this. I understand England fans have some absolute cocks, but we're not turning up dressed like sumit oot of a nuclear holocaust film with hoodies and faces covered etc. Looking to scrap by and large. We're just pissheads being daft cunts.

Whereas Serbia will undoubtedly have elements dressed in the above looking purely to thieve and scrap.

Edited by Heron

1 hour ago, Guybrush said:

Couldn't name our defence, but surely our front six is:

Gordon -- Kane -- Saka

Rice -- Foden -- Bellingham

With Rice and Bellingham behind Foden as the 10.

Thinking of defence, I know Dan Burn was feeling the heat toward the end, but I still think he would've been a good squad option for England considering our options.

I like Dan Burn but have a word. You need far more than mostly being solid to get picked for England. He’s a good defender but a poor footballer. You could never rely on someone like that to start in the latter stages so you can’t pick him.

3 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

I like Dan Burn but have a word. You need far more than mostly being solid to get picked for England. He’s a good defender but a poor footballer. You could never rely on someone like that to start in the latter stages so you can’t pick him.

That's fair. I just don't see much difference between say him and Lewis Dunk, and Burn can cover two positions and is proper massive.

Feel like we're threadbare in defence in comparison to other areas of the pitch.

4 minutes ago, Guybrush said:

That's fair. I just don't see much difference between say him and Lewis Dunk, and Burn can cover two positions and is proper massive.

Feel like we're threadbare in defence in comparison to other areas of the pitch.

Not a massive fan of Dunk either to be fair. Definitely the area where we are lightest. In fact this is probably the poorest starting England defence in decades.

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Funny how it's always the opposing fans. Our drinking culture is a joke. 

Even accounting for the earlier reports of "500 Sebs" intent on bother you just need to see the videos of the Dutch fans in contrast to our's. 

All my Brexshit racists who regularly post anti immigrant rants at Muslims nor respecting "British culture" really mean English culture and it's basically neanderthal. 

Sad when gentle, harmless fans get caught up in the detritus 

5 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I’d be uncomfortable going away with England like. Went to France for the Euros (France v Romania) and we kept our Englishness on the quiet as much as we could. 

Why? No one would have given the slightest shit.

So much of the handwringing about England fans is a product of English parochialism - the belief that we’re the centre of the world and all events must in some way be traced back to us. And naturally a complete ignorance of any other country, their culture, their fan behaviour. 

Some Serbs and Albanians have a scrap and every dullard in England jumps to their keyboard to condemn England fans. Very tiresome, low-wattage stuff. 

I went to the Slovakia game in St Étienne and it was absolutely fine. Both sets of fans mixing freely inside and outside the ground. Was pretty much a cup home game in terms of fan split too. 

Probably helped that it had already calmed down a bit by then after the Russia shenanigans and of course the game was absolutely shite too which subdued everyone after. Only thing I saw that was a bit off was some lad turning up absolutely caked in blood but he was off his tits so just as likely he hit the deck face first as bother. 

Went to the Wales opening game too and had some good crack on with the Welsh before and after the game, bit of light banter on the tram to the game once some lads realised we were English but it’s exceptionally easy just to be a normal person.

15 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Even accounting for the earlier reports of "500 Sebs" intent on bother you just need to see the videos of the Dutch fans in contrast to our's. 

All my Brexshit racists who regularly post anti immigrant rants at Muslims nor respecting "British culture" really mean English culture and it's basically neanderthal. 

This is what I mean when I say English parochialism.

What on Earth does Brexit or your thick pals have to do with anything? Geert Wilders is currently the most powerful man in Dutch politics. The National Front are about to rout Macron in France, the AfD are second in the polls in Germany and way out ahead in the East. The Swedish and Finnish governments are propped up by far-right support in Parliament. The Danish government is pursuing a zero non-white immigration policy.

But your average English Europhile is oblivious to this stuff, and wouldn’t dream of suggesting it’s remotely condemnatory of “Dutch culture” or “French culture” or “German culture”. 

But some Albanians and Serbs have a scrap and suddenly it’s time to condemn “English culture” as “Neanderthal” - a view so moronic and detached from reality it could only be advanced by an English person.

Edited by Paulinho

I think the problem for the UK is that it genuinely was recognised nationally and internationally as one of the most cosmopolitan and welcoming countries in the world. The Brexit vote and movement in politics to the right in the last fifteen years has shattered that notion

At least one upside of England's repeated abject failure is these c*nts never get to celebrate. It's not just for footballing reasons the German's will be desperate for us to get knocked out.

Just now, Holloway said:

Keeping your Englishness quiet is a bit pathetic,mind

There would’ve been been uproar. Legions of French and Slovaks in a rage-filled frenzy, desperate to tear apart the main characters in life (the English).

Or a shrug of the shoulders, one of the two. 

4 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Salt of the earth, aye. Probably the Serbs.

Is there someone suggesting fans singing about “the RAF from England” are Serbian? Very odd if so.