England

Nobody

1 hour ago, joeyt said:

Imagine getting angry that Carsley isn't going to be singing the anthem tonight

Press clearly making a play to get their (EH) man. 

I did get a bit of respect for gary neville saying he didnt sing the national anthem at least initially purely to spite an FA suit who angrily sought him out after his first cap to demand he sing the national anthem

About half the population of England is irreligious or atheist, and anywhere between a quarter and a third wants the monarchy abolished - and I’d be willing to bet that there’s a lot of crossover in those stats

I wonder how many can add ‘English patriot’ or similar to that Gantt chart?  Must be a right pisser to be a nationalist while also thinking the anthem is absolute shite

I do want England to win - I’m not nationalistic, but I am also English - I’m fucked if I’d sing that weird dirge that they play before kick off

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

About half the population of England is irreligious or atheist, and anywhere between a quarter and a third wants the monarchy abolished - and I’d be willing to bet that there’s a lot of crossover in those stats

I wonder how many can add ‘English patriot’ or similar to that Gantt chart?  Must be a right pisser to be a nationalist while also thinking the anthem is absolute shite

I do want England to win - I’m not nationalistic, but I am also English - I’m fucked if I’d sing that weird dirge that they play before kick off

This is exactly my take too, it's a song asking something that an increasing number of people don't believe exists to save something an increasing number of people don't believe should exist.

The only downside is many people who dislike the national anthem itself would have it be some other shite like Jerusalem instead

1 hour ago, Disco said:

He should be sacked and jailed until the next home game before being hanged off the Wembley Arch shown live on GB News, real news for real people. 

For picking Gordon? Just woke up and confused (… more than normal).

In other news, Gordon vs 35 year old Coleman… good news? Or will he kick the feck out of young Ant early doors?? 

Just now, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Saka, Grealish and Gordon is a strange one. Still the 2 behind in Mainoo and Rice is a bit disappointing but interested to see how it's lined up. Not sure Grealish deserves a start over say MGW or Madueke.

Transfer 'value'. He's a £100m player. The other two aren't.

So he's clearly better. Or something.