Georginio Wijnaldum

Disco

Interesting signing for Liverpool. Klopp has been really good at getting the best out of players, so it may work out nicely for them. He'll certainly need to do a lot more in general play to fit into that team. Will be interesting to see what position they ultimately use him in.

Already looking forward to seeing who we replace him with. Hopefully we can get in someone with pace and directness.

Think he'll do really well there, tbh. Much better suited to a side that will have more of the ball.

I don't think he's suited to a team that keeps the ball more at all. Firstly and quite importantly he never looks for the ball so he would essentially be a waste of space in that system most of the time. He's much better suited to counter attacking football which is what Klopp really wants to play anyway

Think he'll do really well there, tbh. Much better suited to a side that will have more of the ball.

He was brought in to try and help us become more of a possession side and was generally shot at it. Can't see him having much of an impact there at all tbh.

Pretty sure Dutch jouralists suggested he was more of a final third player than an all-action midfielder who was going to dominate the midfield for us and control our play. The exact line was 'never seen a player have so much impact with so few touches', IIRC. With other players capable of seeing more of the ball, it allows him to do what he's best at - find space in and around the box and exploit it. He's also a very handy player on the counter; a big part of Klopp's gameplan. Think we'll see him get close to 15 goals.

I don't think he's suited to a team that keeps the ball more at all. Firstly and quite importantly he never looks for the ball so he would essentially be a waste of space in that system most of the time. He's much better suited to counter attacking football which is what Klopp really wants to play anyway

He was very successful in a PSV side that saw a lot of the ball. He's fine in both, just simply not someone that can be the fulcrum of that type of team.

A fraud player being bought by a fraud team. Typical Liverpool signing this is, buying without scouting them properly.

Any profit on him would be a great sale.

He was absent for so much of last season that he was a waste of time, Rafa dropped him early doors so he clearly thought the same whereas he was openly positive about Sissoko.

There are so many better options theb this guy that I feel the sale is a positive for us.

Think he will be class there if he goes there. Well well, hopefully we are getting decent money for him at least..

Difficult part is to find a good enough replacement.

Don't think we necessarily need to replace him with a first team player anyway, we have a lot of forward options already who are all more than good enough for this league.

Would be more than happy with spending the bulk of his fee on a defensive recruit and bringing in someone young for the future who could play as back-up (similar to when we bought Lascelles, Darlow etc.)

He was invisible majority of the season. I don't think it will be that hard to replace him.

Yeah but i just think he would have thrived under Rafa this season. I don't really care that much about him leaving as i never Got really attachés to him for various reasons.