Georginio Wijnaldum

Disco

His off the ball movement was shocking on Saturday, I sat in the Milburn paddock 3rd row towards the Leazes end for the first time so he was playing right in front of me, he hardly ever moved into space whenever those around him (Dummet, Lascessel, Colback, Tiote, etc.) had the ball to make himself available. Didn't see that interested and rather lazy, has undoubted quality when on the ball but hardly ever on the ball.

I was at Southampton away and he was actively hiding from the ball. Literally making himself unavailable for possession by running into blind alleys/busy zones.

He'll be one of the first away when we go down. I'd be staggered if he's not got his next move lined up already.

Likewise. He's in self-preservation mode now - doesn't want to jeopardize the next big move by ripping a hamstring with one of those busting runs, off the ball, into the box (as seen earlier in the season).

His off the ball movement was shocking on Saturday, I sat in the Milburn paddock 3rd row towards the Leazes end for the first time so he was playing right in front of me, he hardly ever moved into space whenever those around him (Dummet, Lascessel, Colback, Tiote, etc.) had the ball to make himself available. Didn't see that interested and rather lazy, has undoubted quality when on the ball but hardly ever on the ball.

I thought I saw him being especially lazy/disinterested on Saturday, but it's hard to tell on TV as you don't always have the full context. I think rewatching the match with the tactical cam would be damning of his contributions.

Obviously I wouldn't have been complaining if he'd scored at the end but his body language tonight was fucking awful. Moping about the pitch, looking like he desperately didn't want to be here even when coming on. Whatever happened to sprinting on and showing some urgency?

There is no doubt he's a good player. But even only having to play 15 minutes I didn't see him put in the intense effort that the rest of them did. It's just small things like Anita sprinting past him to intercept, not jumping for balls he probably won't get to. He sort of jogs over to his man and then he's happy.

There is no doubt he's a good player. But even only having to play 15 minutes I didn't see him put in the intense effort that the rest of them did. It's just small things like Anita sprinting past him to intercept, not jumping for balls he probably won't get to. He sort of jogs over to his man and then he's happy.

Aye agreed.

I'd have taken Perez off ahead of Townsend tbh, Townsend still looked threatening and was winning the ball back often before he was hooked.

Think Townsend was fucked. Would've took them both off then.

I think Wij needs to spend a bit more time on the bench, he's been far too comfortable being picked every week to amble around the pitch. Wasn't missed today, maybe that will give him a kick up the arse for the last couple of games.

I'd have taken Perez off ahead of Townsend tbh, Townsend still looked threatening and was winning the ball back often before he was hooked.

Think Townsend was fucked. Would've took them both off then.

Aye they were both absolutely paggered. Townsend in particular had ran his tits off.

I think Wij needs to spend a bit more time on the bench, he's been far too comfortable being picked every week to amble around the pitch. Wasn't missed today, maybe that will give him a kick up the arse for the last couple of games.

I think he will be.

f*** I wish he would have scored though. Did well to find that space against two players. Good save from Hart as well, unfortunately.

He should have squared it, he had two players running through the middle and he probably had the least chance of scoring.  Still, he made the chance so deserved to have a go.