Georginio Wijnaldum

Disco

I don't get it?

:lol: You said it's honest then said a similar one from Sissoko would be typed up by PR gurus.

As if Wijnaldum's wasn't, man.

That was my point. Wijnaldum looks like he has spoken from the heart. Where as Sissoko will have a typical heartless statement written up.

I don't like either to be honest.

I don't get it?

:lol: You said it's honest then said a similar one from Sissoko would be typed up by PR gurus.

As if Wijnaldum's wasn't, man.

That was my point. Wijnaldum looks like he has spoken from the heart. Where as Sissoko will have a typical heartless statement written up.

I don't like either to be honest.

Howay. :lol:

Bet Sissoko wont do anything like that.

[emoji38]

Of course he will man.

Will give himself an A* for it.

:lol:

He'll end it with "p.s I did all I could writing this letter to not sound like a cunt, so it's excellent and I'm awesome"

The thing with Wijnaldum was that he thought he was better than the club from the start, you could tell by his attitude and especially work rate. He probably thinks he's too good to be playing for Liverpool too.

I don't think anyone on here is going to say he's not one of the more talented players we ever signed, potentially top 10 (on talent. not results).

The fucker probably thinks he'll end up at Real Madrid so he's not gonna bust his bollocks for anyone until then. I'll say one thing, if he pulls the same shit at Liverpool, those supporters will proper turn on him.

It may take them a bit longer to cop what's happening but they will see the same traits we did eventually.

Based on absolutely no evidence whatsoever.

Alternatively, I look at a player who was likely told we wouldn't stand in his way if he wanted to make the next step. As has been the case with transfers for years under Ashley. And then he had to play for clueless Steve McClaren. None of our players looked up for it last season and I can't say I blame them either.

He's a very good player who will probably do very well in a much better squad under a better manager (and I'm talking McClaren, not Rafa).

The thing with Wijnaldum was that he thought he was better than the club from the start, you could tell by his attitude and especially work rate. He probably thinks he's too good to be playing for Liverpool too.

I don't think anyone on here is going to say he's not one of the more talented players we ever signed, potentially top 10 (on talent. not results).

The fucker probably thinks he'll end up at Real Madrid so he's not gonna bust his bollocks for anyone until then. I'll say one thing, if he pulls the same shit at Liverpool, those supporters will proper turn on him.

It may take them a bit longer to cop what's happening but they will see the same traits we did eventually.

Alternatively, I look at a player who was likely told we wouldn't stand in his way if he wanted to make the next step. As has been the case with transfers for years under Ashley. And then he had to play for clueless Steve McClaren. None of our players looked up for it last season and I can't say I blame them either.

He's a very good player who will probably do very well in a much better squad under a better manager (and I'm talking McClaren, not Rafa).

Anita looked up for it. Townsend looked up for it. Mitrovic looked up for it. There's no need to make excuses for this lad.

As a team, they really looked like they couldn't be arsed more often than not. I don't dislike him to nearly the same extent as many here. But he's gone now so it's rather moot point and not worthing arguing about.

The "SELL 'IM AT WHATEVUH PRICE!" crowd have always been retards though.

The f***er probably thinks he'll end up at Real Madrid so he's not gonna bust his bollocks for anyone until then. I'll say one thing, if he pulls the same s*** at Liverpool, those supporters will proper turn on him.

Fair points. I, for one, was more excited about his signing than any other in recent years, and at times took great pleasure from watching him play. His failure to make a difference/or even bust a gut in important potential relegation-saving games was hugely disappointing but I don't buy into the whole coward 'meme'. Expect him to do well at Anfield (no pun...) but quite frankly don't really care one way or the other.

As a team, they really looked like they couldn't be arsed more often than not. I don't dislike him to nearly the same extent as many here. But he's gone now so it's rather moot point and not worthing arguing about.

The "SELL 'IM AT WHATEVUH PRICE!" crowd have always been retards though.

With Deuce here, i really never hated him at all tbh. I don't hate Sissoko either but if i did i would definitely feel a lot more distain towards him than Wijnaldum.

You would think the way some feel about them they were the sole reasons we were relegated, but anyway good luck to him i don't really care either way to feel any real emotion about it all. We got a decent amount of money for him so hopefully we can move on now and Rafa can invest it wisely.

Guest neesy111

Gini reminded me so much of Dyer.  Someone who obviously had the talent but very often never executed it or couldn't be bothered to.  He does have an issue imposing himself on games and also like Dyer I don't really know what his position was.

Anita looked up for it. Townsend looked up for it. Mitrovic looked up for it. There's no need to make excuses for this lad.

At least Wijnaldum managed to last a full season here and only left for one of England's premier clubs. Unlike Townsend who sold his soul to Pardew in order to play for one of the shittest clubs in London.

From our point of view, Wijnaldum will barely feature as a sentence in our history.  Probably tack him onto a paragraph about spineless mercenaries using us as a stepping stone to those teams battling for 4th in the Premier League and segue that into a paragraph on Mike Ashley running the club as a business nonce. 

Absolutely mental how many people forgive everything once a player says a few kind words after signing a contract on 60k+ p/w at a new club after offering us f*** all since november.

Not really because i never felt like you do at any stage, the letter has nothing to do with it. If i thought he was a cunt a letter wouldn't change that viewpoint.

I imagine most people who feel the same way didn't particularly think he was a cunt before or after.

Just a standard old footballer as far as I'm concerned. No hard feelings from me really. He was shit for a long time. Along with plenty of other people. Meh.

I think he'll do alright at Liverpool, but it surprises me that they're not aiming higher. They need to drop  £50m on a world class player to step them up, not just sign players on the same level as they have already.

His problem, a very major one, is he is not suitable for games where we arent dominating.  He is an excellent attacker with astounding technique and good positioning but thats all.  He is not someone who will come out to change the game.  Instead he would just feel todays not the day and faded out.  This may due to he used to play for league leaders in Netherlands since young.

Good player, but wrong set up and timing.  He may perform well under Klopp for many matches but likely he would hide again whenever Liverpool is under pressure.  I expect he labelled as a flop 2 yrs later desite scoring several goals per season.

Wijnaldum was totally unsuited to being at a team and club like NUFC when he signed....we were a club going nowhere and with a mediocre set up in the boardroom and in the training ground. The negativity of the whole situation would soon transfer itself to a player like him, a mercenary with no ties to the club other than his paycheck so it was inevitable he would be on his way as soon as we went down.

Good player technically, but a liability in the Championship where big hearts are as important as skills...that is why Rafa has been signing the players he has already, and I reckon only about 3 of them will be decent in the PL if we go back up.

We need the money, Gini needed to go, good deal on both sides because Wijnaldum would not have been an asset in the Champ.