Georginio Wijnaldum

Disco

I think he'll turn out to be the best midfielder we've had since Bobby's era. Neck firmly stuck out.

Currently, that'd be Cabaye for me, but I agree that Wijnaldum looks like he could be better.

We've only had Cabaye (took half a season at least off) Nolan (often a passenger if he didn't score) that didn't have absolutely glaring flaws like. It's sounds more of an accolade that it is.

Ironically the guy who could've been that man, Milner , never played there until the game before we sold him.

Obviously it's early on but he does seem a very PL player.

gwijnaldum:  I saw it with my own eyes. You fans are amazing. Im disappointed with the score but very happy with my goal and the support of you guys. Thank you I feel blessed ❤️?

Dude's a proper footballer man, he's got it all IMO in terms of mentality through his workrate, determination, and drive.

That run man :lol: while others gave up on Obertan's chase, Gini went on a 90 yard, fucking sprint.

Dude's a proper footballer man, he's got it all IMO in terms of mentality through his workrate, determination, and drive.

That run man :lol: while others gave up on Obertan's chase, Gini went on a 90 yard, f***ing sprint.

Could only be a new player to do that, the rest of the team must have thought "fucking Obertan. Fuck this shit, man. No way am I pegging it for that useless cunt to waste it." Cisse stood there like :papiss: Only Gini who doesn't yet realise how terrible Obertan is went for it and fair play it worked. :lol:

Think his style of play will help us a lot away from home this year as well.

We could be devastating on the break this season once McLaren loses patience with Obertan and gets Aarons and Mitrogol on.

Wilnaldum, Aarons, Sissoko all running at pace with Mitro to play off.

Should work well as long as we're lot three down from the defence being shite before they get chance to do anything.

Guest Recoba

Just looks like an all round footballer, probably able to play any outfield position better than most aside from centre back (though still better than most of our centre halfs...)

Some players are made for end to end Premier League football and some are not, this lad is going to be a superstar.

That run man :lol: while others gave up on Obertan's chase, Gini went on a 90 yard, f***ing sprint.

Could only be a new player to do that, the rest of the team must have thought "fucking Obertan. Fuck this shit, man. No way am I pegging it for that useless cunt to waste it." Cisse stood there like :papiss: Only Gini who doesn't yet realise how terrible Obertan is went for it and fair play it worked. :lol:

Cisse is in the box when the ball hits the net.

I don't want him to drop back.  His goal scoring ability is something we desperate for.  We need more goalscorers in the side to make us harder to defend against.  Last year we only had cisse and when he was out, teams could put more pressure on us, they hardly had to worry about us scoring.

If Winjaldum drops back we will be limiting his game imo.  He can play there however, has the footballing ability.  Not sure how his distribution is though.

Chelsea and Southampton also play 4 2 3 1 system.

Chelsea had Matic and Fabregas as the "2".

Southampton had Davis and Wanyama.

We had Anita and Colback.

Until the weekend I thought he would be best in centre midfield but it's clear his game is about influencing our attacks and I think the number 10 role is his to lose.

I would like to see SDJ get in the side but he hasn't the pace for the wide areas.

Man ... the guy scores one goal playing in the umber 10 position and everyone is worried about him playing a bit deeper.

How many goals did Cabaye score playing a bit deeper? Quite a few right?

Besides people are seriously writing off De Jong because he's been out. That guy is just as big a goal threat in that position just off the striker, if not more so.

I'd rather have them both in the team.

I don't want him to drop back.  His goal scoring ability is something we desperate for.  We need more goalscorers in the side to make us harder to defend against.  Last year we only had cisse and when he was out, teams could put more pressure on us, they hardly had to worry about us scoring.

If Winjaldum drops back we will be limiting his game imo.  He can play there however, has the footballing ability.  Not sure how his distribution is though.

Chelsea and Southampton also play 4 2 3 1 system.

Chelsea had Matic and Fabregas as the "2".

Southampton had Davis and Wanyama.

We had Anita and Colback.

So do most of the teams in the division.

Southampton played more of a 4-4-2 though on the weekend. Mane very close to Pelle trying to get in behind the defence with runs rather than a traditional #10 like a James Ward-Prowse last season.

Anyway Davis, Fabregas, Cazorla/Ramsey, Cabaye are far more ambitious on the ball than Colback. Matic, Wanyama (who was awful on the weekend), Coquelin, Jedinek are far more defensively focused than Anita.

We pretty much have two half way houses in CM at the moment.

I think De Jong could dovetail well because he holds onto the ball in tight areas and would allow people to run off him.

I think it's such a shame the slow start he's had here. That guy is quality. Not as quick and mobile, but as you say he's strong and will hold up the ball and allow the deeper players to come into play, and link with them. Fantastic in the air too, and we really could do with more of that both offensively and defensively.

He's not, for a number "10" he didn't see the ball that much in fact without double checking I'd say he saw it the least of the 5 midfielders.

As I have said before his skillset is vastly more suited to being a B2B CM, against Southampton his best moments were due to late runs into the box from deep. Which if anything would happen more often as a B2B CM because the runs would be harder to pick up.

You solve the goal scoring "issue" if you play Ayoze behind the central striker by the way, a highly technical player who can dribble, pass, and has excellent box instincts and movement.