Georginio Wijnaldum

Disco

FWIW If we persist with 1 sitting/holder in Anita playing as a deep playmaker, I'd like to see Gini given freedom to roam about with Ayoze/De Jong/Cabella playing as a #10 and Sissoko (for the time being) wide right with Aarons wide left. I think that grouping variation will give us the best of all worlds in certain situations.

He's not, for a number "10" he didn't see the ball that much in fact without double checking I'd say he saw it the least of the 5 midfielders.

As I have said before his skillset is vastly more suited to being a B2B CM, against Southampton his best moments were due to late runs into the box from deep. Which if anything would happen more often as a B2B CM because the runs would be harder to pick up.

:thup:

Man ... the guy scores one goal playing in the umber 10 position and everyone is worried about him playing a bit deeper.

How many goals did Cabaye score playing a bit deeper? Quite a few right?

Besides people are seriously writing off De Jong because he's been out. That guy is just as big a goal threat in that position just off the striker, if not more so.

I'd rather have them both in the team.

Me too Kaka. I would personally love to see (a fully fit) de Jong at "no 10", with Wijnaldum and Sissoko given roaming central roles, alongside Aarons (I really think he has all the attributes, if nurtured, to be a world beater) and one from Colback, Anita, or Tiote. I actually veer towards Colback, which seems rare in this forum. I appreciate that may not fit with an appropriately 'balanced' midfield. You know what though, I would love to see those players have a chance to develop an understanding. If we had a central defensive pairing which instilled confidence, this would help.

I would prefer to see Ayoze in the number 10 role, we have seen what he can do attacking wise and he puts in a shift defensively aswell. Better the devil you know  than the pensioner devil to play

Article analysing his first competitive game for us - http://thesefootballtimes.co/2015/08/14/wijnaldum-newcastle-double-pivot/

Can't say I've had time to read it yet, so if it's awful don't blame me.

Really enjoyed that; thanks  :thup:

Wow, sounds like there had been some thought put into how the players should play and how they should interact, and move both with and without the ball.  Amazing stuff (F*** you Pardew, you cretin)

Would love a better left-back to exploit the space our centre-midfield manufactures when we're in possession. Anita/Colback dropping back as shown there is vital to a cohesive attacking unit. Worlds away from the hopeful, slapdash approach employed by Pardew.

Thirty quid for Depay is a great deal like.

I take it you didn't watch tonight's game then

I watched Manyoo last week and imo Depay is the real deal. Manyoo have general problem tied into their transfer strategy that means they've got players and don't seem to know what to do with them, but the general level of quality of player will see them through.