Georginio Wijnaldum

Disco

Aside from the Mitrovic header he was involved in everything we did going forward in the first half, created good chances for Haidara and Perez and a better understanding with his teammates would have seen us in a few more times. If he was anonymous because he barely touched the ball second half then so was the rest of the team.

Anonymous today, really?

Yes for a so called box to box midfielder. His name was hardly mentioned by the commentators. Couple of moments like the run for our breakaway at the end and a couple of times he retained possession in the first half but nothing else.

He wasn't playing as a box to box midfielder though

You obviously haven't read my post just prior to that one :lol:

I thought he's been anonymous by and large for two games now. Don't think this number 10 role is doing him any favours.

I did BUT I objected to your "for a so called box to box midfielder" comment because it was irrelevant since he was not playing in that role

I think we can agree that he looks lost as a no 10 and quite clearly doesn't get involved as much as he should. Much better further back and coincidently as soon as he did we looked a lot better overall today which meant less of a Swansea type performance.

That's not his fault either, McClaren will eventually realise if he hasn't already that him as a no 10 will not particularly be successful long term.

Anonymous today, really?

Yes for a so called box to box midfielder. His name was hardly mentioned by the commentators. Couple of moments like the run for our breakaway at the end and a couple of times he retained possession in the first half but nothing else.

He wasn't playing as a box to box midfielder though

You obviously haven't read my post just prior to that one :lol:

I thought he's been anonymous by and large for two games now. Don't think this number 10 role is doing him any favours.

I did BUT I objected to your "for a so called box to box midfielder" comment because it was irrelevant since he was not playing in that role

It's not irrelevant because that was the point I was making :lol: This number 10 role is not doing him any favours. I've never once said he played box to box today :lol: It's where I think he should play :lol:

I think we can agree that he looks lost as a no 10 and quite clearly doesn't get involved as much as he should. Much better further back and coincidently as soon as he did we looked a lot better overall today which meant less of a Swansea type performance.

That's not his fault either, McClaren will eventually realise if he hasn't already that him as a no 10 will not particularly be successful long term.

:thup: That's exactly the point I'm making only in one larger post. Hopefully easier for others to follow that way :lol:

Gini went out left when Petez went off. Still kept involved, and tracked back well./provided cover for  Haidara. Whilst he may not have had many 'name checks' he still looked continually involved, from what I can remember. I would have had him alongside Anita as other contenders for MoM (agreed with Colo). Gini seemed involved in a lot of our more promising movements: with and without the ball. I particularly liked how he seemed to buoy up his teammates and generally strut/sprint around with a F***you-ed-ness confidence, a kind of belief that he was the best in his position and he would show that to all. Peacock tail in full show (..not Ala Dazza). I know, that may sound a bit fanciful and isn't a list of did this, did that, but it is the best I can capture in words my sense of him in that game. IMO, a class act; you wouldn't want to play against him, you'd want him on your side (pitch, debate, fight, trenches).

Guest Howaythetoon

He looks like our best player already. Very clever player, carries the ball well, gets around the pitch and looks strong and composed. Really liked what I saw.

Aye would like to see him more involved than he currently is but I think just putting him back beside one of Anita or Colback would allow him to have more influence on the game

For the next match, I'd be doing this, but I don't think it was right for today. We should go to West Ham and look to nail the cunts and look to play more of a possession game.