Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

I believe after the Mcmanaman challenge on Haidara they changed the rules so if I was a part of the hierarchy at NUFC. If they reject the appeal I would cite that challenge upon the new rules and see what happens and send the FA a letter of intent.

This is where you'd hope MA's famed maverick streak would come in handy, instead of sitting down and taking it we should be fighting a very public fight to get Mitrovic's ban overturned highlighting the inconsistencies etc.

But we won't, we'll know our place.

Meanwhile, guess what the punishment was for this challenge today?

http://cdn.nothingbutnewcastle.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/luke-shaw-vs-swansea.jpg

Clue: It wasn't a red card. Or a yellow.

My God! Can't believe that!

He's a young lad and the red card discussion aside McClaren and the coaches have some work to get him to channel his aggression and passion appropriately. I don't have any doubt that they'll be able to get the best out of him as he has so much to offer. It will just take a little bit of time for him to get used to the flow of the game here and realise what he can and can't do.

Anyway, asides from his obvious temperament issues, does anybody else think he looks like a big & slow lumbering oaf thus far?

Should have bought Austin.

Unfortunately he's not given us enough of a look at him thus far apart from that header vs man poo, and his rashness.

I do believe we need a striker like him though. We need more of a presence in some games, but up until now he's not really impressed a great deal.

There are signs with mitrovic that suggest he's a player well worth persevering with. Even against Swansea he looked lively and gave two CB's who'd done nothing all game, something to think about. I also thought he lead the line very well v Man Utd considering he had little support. My worry is that he isn't used to playing for a team that isn't expected to win every week (like Anderlecht and Partizan) and thus his team won't be the one dominating and creating chances, which means Mitro has to be more disciplined in his game considering that he seems to get frustrated and impatient quite quickly and easily.

Anyway, asides from his obvious temperament issues, does anybody else think he looks like a big & slow lumbering oaf thus far?

Should have bought Austin.

I know what you mean. He looked overweight at first, and seemed to be bursting out of his shirt. It may be my imagination, but he looked like he'd trimmed down a bit on Saturday. Hopefully, there's more to come, but I share your worry.

Ben (post above) has made a good point. He's used to playing with a team that's better than 90% of the opposition, and at a pace that's easier than the Premiership. He'll need to make both a mental and a physical adjustment.

Apart from anything else, a sending off and a suspension is now going to hurt his team more than was the case with Anderlecht or Partizan. We need all the help we can get.

http://outside90.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/gabriel-vs-newcastle-300x200.jpg

Gabriel was lucky to have made out of that in one piece tbh.

Aye, Mitrovic could have headed his foot off if he wasn't careful.  Just more proof that Mariner had an excellent performance, letting the game flow and playing on instead of pulling us up for this serious incident.  Must have been totting up Mitrovic's serious fouls before going back to send him off when there was a break in play.