Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

An ultimately frustrating player, whose underlying ability was not enough to justify his transgressions.

A good shout as the worst exponent of the "dark arts" in the game. You are supposed to get away with winding the other team up, and use the resulting marginal gain to help you win games. With Mitro, it was a case of keep doing it till you get in trouble. His ban this season came from his cards being marked as much as from the actual incident, but regardless of the "why", its the team as a whole who suffers.

Doesn't change the fact that we need a first-choice striker. Gayle's an adequate backup and Joselu is, charitably, 3rd-choice at this level. Hopefully under the moronic transfer system that we employ here, Mitro out means someone else is on the way in.

Think he will do well with a run of games and a coach and system that likes him, outside of the premier league.

Barely considered him a player for us this year as Rafa clearly never rated him. Wish him all the best though. Think his temperament really cost him his place here more than anything else.

This could back fire massively if we couldn't get a replacement in.  I am a bit amazed by the optimism here to be honest. I know the take over talk has raised people's hope in Jan but we are Newcastle United man, we always got the worst thing to happen. Selling Mitro and nth else to come in could seal our fate.

Has been disgracefully treated IMO.

He is no world beater, but we've needed something different in games, games we've lost with a whimper due to no attacking prowess, and Mitrovic could have provided that extra spark as he did in championship games where he came on and held the ball up or assisted, or put himself about.

No idea what the story is but not using him has potentially cost us the odd point here and there, I could be wrong but neither Joselu or Gayle have scored as many as Mitrovic (9) in a single premier league season, seems mental not to use him at all.

Not that bothered if he now goes aslong as we replace him well but I don't think it had to be like this.

(Just waiting to get shouted at for daring questioning Rafa)

Disgusting :lol:

We owe him nothing. Our manager doesn’t trust him, so he doesn’t play.

Happy to trust Shelvey though who has the same mental flaws and has been sub par all season.

You’re assuming trust is limited to a disciplined approach to the laws of the game, that’s only half the story.

Disgusting :lol:

We owe him nothing. Our manager doesn’t trust him, so he doesn’t play.

Happy to trust Shelvey though who has the same mental flaws and has been sub par all season.

You’re assuming trust is limited to a disciplined approach to the laws of the game, that’s only half the story.

We're all assuming, ultimately we know fuck all, I can only go by what I see on the pitch and that's others under performing week in week and and keeping their place while others don't get half of that chance.

Aye i get the feeling that Mitrovic is one of these who'll stand for 10 minutes getting instructions off Benitez nodding his head and seeming like he's taking it all in, then goes out and does the complete opposite on matchday.  Anyone who's managed a football team or played in 1 will know players who do that and it's annoying as f***.  Especially for someone like Benitez who likes players to stick to the plan.  I reckon he lost patience with him a long time ago.

The lad has not been given a chance to fair - I can't remember the last time he played two games back to back.  Ok his disciplinary record isn't great but Shelveys' has been worse this season and he still gets a chance in the team.  To play Joselu ahead of him would be pretty soul destroying for the lad especially considering how poor Joselu has been in front of goal.

Hopefully NUFC get taken over and we can buy better players so our fans no longer have to idolise s*** players.

I remember the days of having Shearer, Ferdinand, etc up front. I guess those that rate Mitro never saw those days.

I guss some people never witnessed Shearer's first 4 seasons in England's top division.  114 apps 23 goals similar rate to Mitrovich. But yeah, Southampton sold him.