Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

The way people go on here you'd think the thought of Misstrovic wasting chance after chance for a relegation rival and making a small profit on him at the same time would be fantastic.

We should sell them all of our strikers tbh

i do still not believe Mitro have been given a fair run in the team. Just saying it could be interesting to see him play regular for 1 season (on loan) before selling.

He had a spell like many other strikers were him missed too much. Not much worse than Gayle atm imo.

Not saying he is a top class forward, just saying i could see him being a good sub to have coz he offers something that many others don´t.

And in this relegation fight i do not think it will be wise to sell him.

Imagine that could have happened if he had the last 3 header chances Gayle missed poorly in the last couple og matches....?

The way people go on here you'd think the thought of Misstrovic wasting chance after chance for a relegation rival and making a small profit on him at the same time would be fantastic.

I would assume we would only sell him if we are bringing in this striker rumoured to be valued at £20m.

I would assume we would only sell him if we are bringing in this striker rumoured to be valued at £20m.

Aye, that's the way we usually work.

Aye, that's the way we usually work.

Can you see us spending £20m on a striker without selling Mitrovic? I really don't think Ashley wants to sell Mitrovic at all, especially not to buy some striker who might be 28 yrs old, this will be driven by Rafa if you ask me.

Many of us on here think that Mitro has not been given a fair run in the team but, I would say that he has had plenty of chances to establish himself as a first team regular, each of those chances have been blown.

He seems to be incapable of following a set of instructions given to him by the manager and given that we are currently only surviving (just) in this league based on the tactics applied then I would say that following the game plan to the letter is a vital part of each players requirements. This and being sent off for stupidity tells me that this player, no matter how likeable he may appear, is not the striker we need under Rafa at this time.

The above is a pity because he does have a huge likeability factor and if he had the self control required, the intelligence to follow instructions and the ability to finish some of the many chances that fall to him he would have been a great success here.

I would wish him well wherever he ends up but, he isn't going to change!

Regardless of what people think of him, selling any player to a relegation rival would be utterly braindead.

Wouldn’t even sell Colback to them, because there is always the remote chance that they’ll hit a purple patch and keep them up at our expense.

You wouldn't sell Colback to a relegation rival? Stop skitzing, man.

Regardless of what people think of him, selling any player to a relegation rival would be utterly braindead.

Wouldn’t even sell Colback to them, because there is always the remote chance that they’ll hit a purple patch and keep them up at our expense.

But what if we're using the money from any potential sale to fund the purchase of an incoming player? Yes, we shouldn't really be in that position, but let's assume we are.

Do we not sell Mitro or someone else to rival for fear of that player improving them, and therefore miss out on the player we want?

In an ideal world you sell to a foreign team, but this is a Mike Ashley world.....

You wouldn't sell Colback to a relegation rival? Stop skitzing, man.

Aye he's the perfect trojan turd.

But what if we're using the money from any potential sale to fund the purchase of an incoming player? Yes, we shouldn't really be in that position, but let's assume we are.

Do we not sell Mitro or someone else to rival for fear of that player improving them, and therefore miss out on the player we want?

In an ideal world you sell to a foreign team, but this is a Mike Ashley world.....

Plus said relegation rival could instead spend their money on an actually good striker capable of firing them to safety.

The depends on who the striker is that we want.

If we’re selling Mitro to buy someone like Deeney or Slimani for £20m, my point stands. Especially when you consider Mitro is much younger with the ability to improve.

People can only base their opinions on what they have seen on the pitch (which hasn't been very impressive to date) and that's about 1/10000th of what the manager and coaches have seen behind closed doors. Rafa is a very fair and professional manager and i've absolutely no doubt he's given Mitro plenty of chances to break into the first team, but if he's incapable of following specific instructions then he only has himself to blame.

Ultimately this sort of thing comes down to whether you trust the manager's judgement. In the case of Pardew, Carver and McLaren (to a lesser extent) the answer was no. I had absolutely no faith in any of them making a correct decision and i'd probably be calling for Mitro to get more game time. Rafa on the other hand, has my complete and utter trust and if he feels Mitro doesn't deserve to be playing and should be moved on i'm 100% behind him. He's seen a lot more of the guy than any of us have and he knows infinitely more about football than the lot of us.

People can only base their opinions on what they have seen on the pitch (which hasn't been very impressive to date) and that's about 1/10000th of what the manager and coaches have seen behind closed doors. Rafa is a very fair and professional manager and i've absolutely no doubt he's given Mitro plenty of chances to break into the first team, but if he's incapable of following specific instructions then he only has himself to blame.

Ultimately this sort of thing comes down to whether you trust the manager's judgement. In the case of Pardew, Carver and McLaren (to a lesser extent) the answer was no. I had absolutely no faith in any of them making a correct decision and i'd probably be calling for Mitro to get more game time. Rafa on the other hand, has my complete and utter trust and if he feels Mitro doesn't deserve to be playing and should be moved on i'm 100% behind him. He's seen a lot more of the guy than any of us have and he knows infinitely more about football than the lot of us.

Of course I have faith in Rafa above any other manager we've had. But then again, managers always have biases and weird reasons for not liking players. And every manager emphasises different qualities in a player. For Rafa it seems to be following instructions to the letter, which is fair enough. But it doesn't necessarily mean Mitro isn't 'good enough' to start games for us. I think that's what leads to the endless debate - fans just usually don't prioritise attributes like that when they're rating a player.

No idea what goes on behind the scenes obviously, but it's hard to argue that Mitro is so bad he can't challenge Joselu for the target man role. The problem is, he hasn't been given a look in this season when the preferred strikers aren't scoring.

As i've said, for every minute we've seen of Mitro Rafa has seen 2-3 hours behind closed doors. One report has said he refuses to lose weight and has two personal trainers to help him bulk up, against Rafa's wishes. Ultimately the manager's say is final - if Mitro won't lose weight then he doesn't deserve to play. God knows if it's true or not, but the fact is no player should play a single minute in the first team if they won't toe the line. Maybe it';s because he won't stop doing stupid shit in training like he doesn when he's on the pitch - we can't afford to go down to 10 men in any game.

Given how thin and piss weak our squad is i'm sure Rafa would've used him more if there wasn't some sort of disagreement between the two of them or a fundamental difference of opinion. It feels more like Rafa is punishing him rather than just not rating him, but who knows.