Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

• 1 month later...

Yeah, about right. Fulham's season is pretty much done anyway, especially after the way they unravelled in the FA Cup. Just 8 points from their last 9 league games, always fairly likely to slip away, won't go down even if they lost every game, won't get into Europe, so just really a top 10 place at stake. Great first season back for them though, and a lot better than most would have expected, but will probably be a boring end to the season for their fans.

Edited by Paullow

3 minutes ago, healthyaddiction said:

Personally I feel a 3 match ban was enough, really.

I feel like there are a lot of incidents that are much worse than Mitro did that get punished less harshly.

Surely it has to be worse than an offence against a player? 

1 minute ago, BoSelecta said:

Yeah, I think that's very harsh, it's not like he swung for him is it. Barely touched him; 5 would have been about right.

I would have gone for 5 or 6 as well, has to be clearly more than you would get for a normal red. 

8 is a lot but it sends the right message. 

Correct call that he's got a long ban, imo. Nothing to do with him as an individual, his character or his prior disciplinary record: the FA needs to set the example that you can't be aggressively putting your hands on officials. Di Canio got longer for less, imo.  

9 minutes ago, BoSelecta said:

Yeah, I think that's very harsh, it's not like he swung for him is it. Barely touched him; 5 would have been about right.

He shoved him and then continued to square up to him after being given a red card

His ban can be construed as fair enough only when all other players suffer the very same ban.

Bruno Fernandes should've also been banned the same but seeing as he's the untouchable darling for some strange reason, it seems Mitro had to be the benchmark...or will he be the benchmark?

Let's see.

Mitro was stupid to do what he did and ref's have to be protected by threats of violence or intimidation  and a strong message sent...but let's not see cherry picking from this day forward with this stuff.

4 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

There hasnt been anything like this since Di Canio.

Bruno Fernandes shoved a linesman. You can argue it wasn’t as bad as Mitrović, but it was certainly worth more than 0 punishment.

No way the Fernandes push was as bad as Mitrovic. I hate Fernandes as much as the next bloke, but it wasn't as bad.

The aggression of Mitrovic and the way he leant forward in Kavanagh's face made it far more threatening.

As a former referee, you're going to be fearing for your safety far more if a player squares up to your face, pushes/pulls you, invades your space and points at you, launching a tirade of abuse.

Compare that to a slight push in the back and you turn to see the player running away... 

There's zero comparison.

That said, Bruno should have been punished in some way post incident. 

31 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

Bruno Fernandes shoved a linesman. You can argue it wasn’t as bad as Mitrović, but it was certainly worth more than 0 punishment.

He did, but he wasnt agressive, up in the face, chasing the referee ready to go head to head.

5 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

He did, but he wasnt agressive, up in the face, chasing the referee ready to go head to head.

So your rule would be "you can push the referee, but don't do it too aggressively and don't go head to head"?

5 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

So your rule would be "you can push the referee, but don't do it too aggressively and don't go head to head"?

I just think there is a very big difference between the two. If Fernandes gets a 1 game ban, and Mitro gets 8. Fine. They are not comparable. 

I would say 5 for Fernandes, if Mitrovic is worth 8. I'd accept at 4 at a push. He got pissy at the linesman and shoved him in the back, it wasn't hard but there was aggression.