Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

How did he play yesterday?

Promising. Obviously not the best performance but really showed what he can do and never gave up as well. A bit too isolated imo.

He will always be isolated when you have Colback and Anita playing in the middle - that has to change and quick

He was surprisingly good on the ball tbh, can definitely see him getting a few on his own.

Aye, he looks like he can carry the ball forward pretty well. I know I keep banging on about it being a slow process under McClaren, but there are going to be frustrating times where we see the striker isolated up front on his own. It's pretty fruitless with Cisse up there because the ball does tend to bounce off him a lot. There are occasions where Papiss will wriggle his way out of a couple of encroaching defenders - providing he's received a ground pass - but he certainly doesn't bring the ball down particularly well.

If Mitrovic can bring a ball down and then carry it forward, he's already a better bet than Cisse if we're going with one up top.

That all being said, it altogether looks like we've got much better options going forward. We've got pace balanced with physicality right across the front six now, having had virtually none of the latter last season (Sissoko aside). We've got real brains too in Perez and, if he ever finds a way into the team, De Jong. If McClaren can formulate some kind of coherent attacking gameplan to make use of the attributes at his disposal, we could score a lot of goals this season. But, at this stage, with my expectations firmly on the ground, I'm happy to wait until after Christmas before we start seeing that potential being realised.

This is certainly not a defense of Pardew, but for the first time in a few seasons it looks like we've actually shaped our incoming transfers to suit the requirements of the squad and - dare I say it - some kind of team identity.

How did he play yesterday?

Promising. Obviously not the best performance but really showed what he can do and never gave up as well. A bit too isolated imo.

Cheers!

Is he the type who can score goals off his own esteem like say Ba could, or does he require good service ala Cisse?

Not as explosive as Ba was imo so he's not likely to be barging through defences the way he did when Pardew had us belting the ball up to him on his own.

He's going to score goals though if we can put crosses in the box, and I confidently predict you're going to love the mad cunt.

Also that header that hit the bar is something nobody since Carroll could have done, it was only a chance because of him and he made it into one.

:thup: His ability in the air is unparalleled. That header was fantastic and the way he got in front of Smalling(?) was fantastic to connect to the cross.

Says everything we need to know when a centre-half in Mbemba can deliver a better ball than Ubershan.

If we give this lad service he'll score - it's really that simple. That header was almost Carroll-esque in the way that he got up there ahead of the defender. We need to start him against Northampton, hopefully he gets a couple of goals and that'll get him started.

He definitely didn't appear quick but he was clever in his movement around the box, competed for everything and looked like he relishes physically challenging defenders. Away from home when we need someone to hold up the ball, he appears to be the best we've had for a long time and he will also help in defending set pieces with his strength and height. On the downside, his lack of speed will allow defenses to push higher up the pitch without the threat of him running in behind and press us back so tactically a few challenges ahead. Still like what I saw, only a kid too so the potential is huge.

To the tune of Yankee Doodle dandy:

Come on Mitro, score a goal

It's really very simple

Put the ball into the net

And we'll go fucking mental

http://38.media.tumblr.com/cf0597e10c55e863b9203437898b4af4/tumblr_mf0zp41EJh1qlzc82o1_500.gif

To the tune of Yankee Doodle dandy:

Come on Mitro, score a goal

It's really very simple

Put the ball into the net

And we'll go f***ing mental

http://38.media.tumblr.com/cf0597e10c55e863b9203437898b4af4/tumblr_mf0zp41EJh1qlzc82o1_500.gif

:lol:Please nooooo...

Guest Recoba

A real character this lad - was trying to start a fight with the big Northampton centre half within a couple of minutes of coming on :lol:

:lol: He's starting to remind me of Brock Lesnar.  f***ing loves bullying people.

He did look pure radge.

A couple of great defensive headers back to the halfway line like Shearer and Carroll used to do.

Reckon we're going to need him for this when defending set pieces. Leave Thauvin and Perez further up the pitch and have Mitrovic in the box to win us defensive headers for them to counter on.

Guest Recoba

A couple of great defensive headers back to the halfway line like Shearer and Carroll used to do.

Reckon we're going to need him for this when defending set pieces. Leave Thauvin and Perez further up the pitch and have Mitrovic in the box to win us defensive headers for them to counter on.

Aye Drogba had been the best in the league at that for years.