Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

I watched every Fulham games this season and honestly Mitrovic did run around and gave pressures to opponent defenders, except for the final few minutes where he looked knackered.  His statement was strange imo. Rather than "his style not fit under Rafa", I would say it's  "he doesn't wanna run for Rafa".

Their relationship was broken down a long time ago, i think it's pretty clear.  Rafa was right to get rid of someone who doesn't want to work under him.  Rafa, however, should be questioned why the relationship with our most valuable asset (sadly) has worsened to the point of no return.

Why question Rafa rather than Mitro? If he'd rather run around for Jokanovic wearing a Fulham shirt then he can f*** off anyway.

Right, Rafa shouldn't be questioned for the handling of Mitro, so Rafa basically did nothing wrong in relation to the whole saga.  Then explain to me why people above are suggesting Rafa messed up this one?

As I said you shouldn't keep a bad egg in your refrigerator so Rafa was right to get rid of Mitro even if we got no one in return. Why should Rafa care for our next season when his only mission left is to survive this one?

You still don't get what type of manager Rafa is?

Rafas single mindedness is one of his strongest assets but also one of his weaknesses.

Mitrovic, Mbemba and Mbabu are all better than Gayle, Joselu, Manquillo, Dummett, Clark and a 30 year old Fernandez

Like everyone he makes decisions which some agree with and others don't. 

I'm sure Bobby Robson told Shearer to stay within the width of the 18 yard box.  Mitros instructions should have been the same to get the best out of him

Rafas single mindedness is one of his strongest assets but also one of his weaknesses.

Mitrovic, Mbemba and Mbabu are all better than Gayle, Joselu, Manquillo, Dummett, Clark and a 30 year old Fernandez

I'm sure Bobby Robson told Shearer to stay within the width of the 18 yard box.  Mitros instructions should have been the same to get the best out of him

Not that the two are anywhere near in the same league, but when Pardew was given players like Ben Arfa we all said a good manager should adapt the game to suit his best players, particularly attackers.

The narrative always changes for Rafa, it's like admitting hes not perfect makes you less of a fan, its like a weird cult thing which actually makes the deluded tag seem less of a myth.

I watched every Fulham games this season and honestly Mitrovic did run around and gave pressures to opponent defenders, except for the final few minutes where he looked knackered.  His statement was strange imo. Rather than "his style not fit under Rafa", I would say it's  "he doesn't wanna run for Rafa".

Their relationship was broken down a long time ago, i think it's pretty clear.  Rafa was right to get rid of someone who doesn't want to work under him.  Rafa, however, should be questioned why the relationship with our most valuable asset (sadly) has worsened to the point of no return.

Why question Rafa rather than Mitro? If he'd rather run around for Jokanovic wearing a Fulham shirt then he can f*** off anyway.

Right, Rafa shouldn't be questioned for the handling of Mitro, so Rafa basically did nothing wrong in relation to the whole saga.  Then explain to me why people above are suggesting Rafa messed up this one?

As I said you shouldn't keep a bad egg in your refrigerator so Rafa was right to get rid of Mitro even if we got no one in return. Why should Rafa care for our next season when his only mission left is to survive this one?

You still don't get what type of manager Rafa is?

Mitro said that he couldn't spend his time closing down defenders, yet you say he is doing just that for Fulham. I don't get how it's Rafa's fault if he refuses to follow instruction for him, but seems perfectly capable of doing it for  Jokanovic. It would make more sense if he wasn't pressing the defenders for Fulham and was free to play as an out and out striker which is what Mitro's quote implies.

People questioning Rafa when he got us to 10th last season without Mitro. :lol:

Mitro even has said he couldn't fit Rafa's system.

Mitro also not showing signs of being good enough to change the whole system to suit him.

If it turns out in the long run that Rafa has made a mistake not keeping Mitrović then so have all the top league clubs. Only Fulham came in for him. All the top clubs will be kicking themselves for not buying Mitrović when he was available for only £22m (rising to £27m) if he ends up as good as some people think he'll be.

If it turns out in the long run that Rafa has made a mistake not keeping Mitrović then so have all the top league clubs. Only Fulham came in for him. All the top clubs will be kicking themselves for not buying Mitrović when he was available for only £22m (rising to £27m) if he ends up as good as some people think he'll be.

We need a good centre forward probably even more so than any other team in the league. It'll bite us harder than anyone.

Not that the two are anywhere near in the same league, but when Pardew was given players like Ben Arfa we all said a good manager should adapt the game to suit his best players, particularly attackers.

The narrative always changes for Rafa, it's like admitting hes not perfect makes you less of a fan, its like a weird cult thing which actually makes the deluded tag seem less of a myth.

I try to avoid having an opinion in this thread but come on, man. :lol:

Of course the narrative changes in those instances. Because a player of Ben Arfa's ability coming to our club was a coup at that point, and Pardew had no proven track record of how to get the most out of players, barring the 5th season never looking like he had a cohesive plan. He was the one that wanted 'magic' to see us through, so why the fuck didn't he pick the most magic player we had?

This time, it's one of the most proven managers in world football, with one of the most proven track records and tactical minds around. You're surprised people have more trust in Rafa than fucking Pardew? Cult FFS. :lol:

Can't believe someone has even brought up the old 'if it was Pardew' debate for this.

Guest firetotheworks

Okay, I'll bite.

Pretty to easy to counter this in a few different ways.

1. Rafa's decisions come with the weight of his past successes, Pardew's came with the weight of his past failures.

2. Rafa's decision with Mitrovic was vindicated with success, Pardew's decision with Ben Arfa was compounded with failure.

3. The team that Pardew had was far superior to the one Rafa has - i.e. Pardew's team needed less protection than this one does.

4. Ben Arfa was a far, far superior, more influential player for us than Mitrovic ever was, as you've said, but I'd also say that Mitrovic also wasn't good enough to be accommodated in the way you could argue Ben Arfa could have been.

5. Probably the most crucial part in all of this - if Rafa had Ben Arfa I don't expect he would play him and I probably wouldn't like it, but I'm far happier to put my disagreements to one side with a manager that's won everything and is likely to regularly vindicate his decisions and prove me wrong, than with one whose won nothing and had already produced some of the worst NUFC results and worst NUFC football I've ever seen in my life by the time I started getting seriously pissed off with his non-inclusion of Ben Arfa.

It's not a cult, it's just putting your petty grievances to one side when you can see that his decisions are vindicated. If Pardew had gotten results without Ben Arfa I'd have treated the situation the same, but as we all know he didn't get the results or the performances, and so the criticisms had a lot more credence.

its so enjoyable reading this tread...after every mitros goal...and he scored week after week...

liability...shitrovic...no pace..no brain...

He has no pace and is not particularly "intelligent" - and he was largely ineffective for us.

Good luck to him but it's been pretty much wrong club and wrong player at the wrong time.

Okay, I'll bite.

Pretty to easy to counter this in a few different ways.

1. Rafa's decisions come with the weight of his past successes, Pardew's came with the weight of his past failures.

2. Rafa's decision with Mitrovic was vindicated with success, Pardew's decision with Ben Arfa was compounded with failure.

3. The team that Pardew had was far superior to the one Rafa has - i.e. Pardew's team needed less protection than this one does.

4. Ben Arfa was a far, far superior, more influential player for us than Mitrovic ever was, as you've said, but I'd also say that Mitrovic also wasn't good enough to be accommodated in the way you could argue Ben Arfa could have been.

5. Probably the most crucial part in all of this - if Rafa had Ben Arfa I don't expect he would play him and I probably wouldn't like it, but I'm far happier to put my disagreements to one side with a manager that's won everything and is likely to regularly vindicate his decisions and prove me wrong, than with one whose won nothing and had already produced some of the worst NUFC results and worst NUFC football I've ever seen in my life by the time I started getting seriously pissed off with his non-inclusion of Ben Arfa.

It's not a cult, it's just putting your petty grievances to one side when you can see that his decisions are vindicated. If Pardew had gotten results without Ben Arfa I'd have treated the situation the same, but as we all know he didn't get the results or the performances, and so the criticisms had a lot more credence.

Excellent post man. So good.

:thup:

its so enjoyable reading this tread...after every mitros goal...and he scored week after week...

liability...shitrovic...no pace..no brain...

Haven't you found a Fulham forum to frequent now?

I thought when Mitro transferred to another club so would you.

Yes i found..

But i am also fun of this club..not strong as before..but i am glad to see every victory or good game...didnt miss not even 1 game if is televised...

You are in the problems now...same as my partizan fc..but i hope better days will come for both clubs...

"I like Newcastle"

"Get the fuck out of here"

:lol:

Fairly sure the same bloke once said something like he hoped Newcastle got hammered in a game because Mitro wasn't picked :lol:

Oh, he might have for all I know. I just found that particular exchange amazing :lol:

"I like Newcastle"

Fairly sure the same bloke once said something like he hoped Newcastle got hammered in a game because Mitro wasn't picked :lol:

Lol...yes i am..long time ago...i was very pissed..and what is the point?i cant be fan becouse of 1 sentance?you will bloke me?

All feel better if i said instead of something hopefull about NUFC that i wish you to be relegated?weird...or i missing a point?

"I like Newcastle"

Lol...yes i am..long time ago...i was very pissed..and what is the point?i cant be fan becouse of 1 sentance?you will bloke me?

All feel better if i said instead of something hopefull about NUFC that i wish you to be relegated?weird...or i missing a point?

:kasper:

Not sure what this is, but it doesn’t sound nice.