Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

The sad thing is, we’re miles away from even trying to sign another promising young striker from Europe. However mitrovic turns out, it was a fairly exciting transfer at the time. Since him we’ve signed Joselu, slimani and Rondón.

Edit: although I forgot about muto. Meh.

He's showing that if you can get quality deliveries into the box - he will score you goals.

Not just with headers but he's showing the ability to overpower defenders at this level in the box to create space and score goals.

I was concerned it would come back to haunt us this transfer with only Rondon in. That's the price we pay with riding with Benitez. Overall, I think it's worth it but Benitez needs to be backed.

He was backed in the Championship and brought in good players. Knocking around the bargain basement in the PL's he brought in some dross.

Guest Howaythetoon

His goal the other week mind was decent, in terms of his movement and finishing. If he was quick and had better technical ability he’d be worth double what he went for. He’s one player I don’t look at and think fuck him because he didn’t want to move and doesn’t seem the type to think he is bigger or better than his club or team-mates.

I’ve been critical of him at times and still regard him as an average footballer, but he was underused by Rafa regardless and it will leave a sour taste in the mouth if he fires Fulham to safety through his goals and we go down due to a lack of firepower.

Alas, had we spent the fee we got for him on an actual quality replacement, the spectre of Mitrovic and this whole debate would quickly drop from the first page of the forum and the minds of fans...

Instead we got Rondon and because he’s injured in comes Joselu...

Guest Howaythetoon

The sad thing is, we’re miles away from even trying to sign another promising young striker from Europe. However mitrovic turns out, it was a fairly exciting transfer at the time. Since him we’ve signed Joselu, slimani and Rondón.

Edit: although I forgot about muto. Meh.

I knew nothing of him or had ever seen him play so had no feeling positive or negative towards his signing, but I remember a good number were quite happy to see him join us.

His goal the other week mind was decent, in terms of his movement and finishing. If he was quick and had better technical ability he’d be worth double what he went for. He’s one player I don’t look at and think fuck him because he didn’t want to move and doesn’t seem the type to think he is bigger or better than his club or team-mates.

I’ve been critical of him at times and still regard him as an average footballer, but he was underused by Rafa regardless and it will leave a sour taste in the mouth if he fires Fulham to safety through his goals and we go down due to a lack of firepower.

Alas, had we spent the fee we got for him on an actual quality replacement, the spectre of Mitrovic and this whole debate would quickly drop from the first page of the forum and the minds of fans...

Instead we got Rondon and because he’s injured in comes Joselu...

You’d be lucky to get a better striker for £30m.

Maybe I'm harsh, but still think this lad is a bit of a donkey (albeit an in form one) and would struggle really badly if isolated up front in Rafa's system, asked to make runs off the ball, and starved of service because our wingers/full backs are really shit at the moment.

Maybe I'm harsh, but still think this lad is a bit of a donkey (albeit an in form one) and would struggle really badly if isolated up front in Rafa's system, asked to make runs off the ball, and starved of service because our wingers/full backs are really s*** at the moment.

Wouldn't say he is a donkey, but i know where you're coming from, be amazed if he keeps this up all season.

Rafa's only fuck up as our manager in my opinion.

I'd chuck in signing Manquillo who is utterly dreadful.

Was probably Manquillo or no-one.

Mbabu

As Joeyt has said, Mbabu...tbf hindsight is a wonderful thing as Mbabu is far superior. Also Dummett as a full back is limited but at least gives you a decent defender a fair amount of the time, Manquillo offers nothing absolutely nothing.

Guest firetotheworks

Was probably Manquillo or no-one.

Mbabu

Eranu imo

Jesus Gamez never played - and came out this week saying something against Rafa. He signed a few rubbish players for Liverpool too; he's not perfect.

Rafa's only f*** up as our manager in my opinion.

Not his only mistake but probably his biggest. He didn’t HAVE to sell Mitro. But he did while knowing he probably wouldn’t be replaced by anyone decent. The writing was on the wall all summer.

So Rafa can either be labelled very naive (which is bullshit) or overly stubborn as we're clearly not better off without him ok the squad.

Shite transfer fee too when you think about it. He’ll go to a much bigger club in 9 months for double or treble the fee.

Think Rafa just has a big team mentality. He’s used to being able to replace troublesome players with  better players or players better suited to the system. You have to be a bit more flexible when managing a team like us especially with such a tight owner

Jesus Gamez never played - and came out this week saying something against Rafa. He signed a few rubbish players for Liverpool too; he's not perfect.

Rafa said himself that as a manager around a 70% success rate in transfers is what you're hoping for, or something very similiar, make him bang on about that.

• 2 weeks later...

Plea scored again yesterday, fwiw.

If we don't spend the fee, Mitro effectively left on a free transfer. Rafa did so much research he got RSI from looking at players on his computer. He must have assumed we would be signing some.

If we don't spend the fee, Mitro effectively left on a free transfer. Rafa did so much research he got RSI from looking at players on his computer. He must have assumed we would be signing some.

All transfer fees go to the FCB.  Ever since Carroll went and we didn't see a penny of the £35m, I just assume that nothing gets recycled to the manager.

Scored in the last 5 in a row. Second highest top scorer as well. Couldn't get him though, would've upset Joselu.