Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

Aye. I'm not saying it's not Rafa's issue like, I don't know the full reasons why they never clicked, if Benitez thought he never fit into the side or if it was his attitude in training etc (there's things to suggest it was both IIRC).

I doubt Benitez is amazed he's went on to do well or anything though. I don't think he'd consider it a mistake selling him unless Rondon completely flops.

I think we are in the same sphere of understanding.

It's just that i'm looking at it as a fan and you're looking at it from Rafa's perspective (a man that fundamentally didn't rate Mitro for what is likely a mix of personality and ability).

We as fans should be disappointed that Rafa has sold a player what at 20, scored as many PL goals as his replacement has in his best PL season in 3 seasons. And is 5 years older.

getting the best out of Mitro would've solved a lot of problems. Likewise Mbabu.

:lol: errr nar

As a fan Rafa is managing my club so his perspective is sort of intrinsically linked. I'm not disappointed as it was pretty obvious from early on that Rafa never saw a place for Mitrovic for whatever reason, so I'd prefer he had a striker he actually wanted. He wanted Rondon instead so whatever.

If it was Pardew selling him it would be different as I  would have no confidence at all that whatever he was doing was of any benefit to the club.

it has to go down as a mistake selling him..its not as if we were top heavy with real centre forwards and make no mistake this guy is a class no.9..but  its the tinpot regime to blame as usual and some fault on rafas behalf,we dont know the entire facts,not like us to be selling our better players is it :lol:

I, too, don’t understand why this is still a debate. Both Rafa and Mitrovic have said he didn’t do what Rafa wanted.

The debate is rather should Rafa have modified his system (the one he has used his whole career) to accommodate Mitrovic. And I don’t think that’s much of a debate either.

Thuvain smashed a hat trick in tonight, why isnt his thread like this :lol:

Because Thauvin never looked good for us, whereas we all saw Mitro's potential. The most important part making this debate go on as much is down to there being no replacement, so we sold a potential star for what's (relatively speaking PL fees wise) a small sum and brought an older player with a worse goal record than Mitro in - on loan.

If things went as rumoured and Plea had been bought for instance, this debate would not be the same at all.

I don't think the core of anyone's debate is that they don't think Rafa should put up the team he wants, just that we "threw away" massive potential and didn't replace it with something equal or better, meaning with the benefit of hindisght most of us would've wanted to see Mitro be forced into the system even if he doesn't necessarily fit, as he's still a better piece than the ones available.

Thauvin also never wanted to be here while Mitro was a fan.

If he wasn’t it wouldn’t be an issue. Players come and go all the time, it’s only because he supported the club and it being his dream move that we all wanted it to work out so badly.

He’s also a certified lunatic of the Asprilla variety. Something that’s always gone down well with the supporters.

It’s a shame Rafa couldn’t get the best out of him but that ship has now firmly sailed. He’ll get a much bigger move off the back of this season if he keeps banging in the goals.

Good luck to the lad.

• 1 month later...
Guest Howaythetoon

I paid close attention to Mitrovic tonight, I thought he was lazy and many a time he didn’t even try to press or close his man down eventually sticking with Sanchez in what become a petty personal dual which he came out of looking every inch the slow, immobile and  one dimensial player that he really is. Mitrovic wouldn’t have given us what Rondon did yesterday.

At one stage in the game he actually got in the way of a Fulham move because he didnt know where to run which ended up leaving his man on the ball having to try and beat a few players because Mitrovic gave him no option to feed it into him.

He’s a penalty box striker who will score goals from crosses and scraps inside the box, he’s very poor outside the box off the ball at making runs, splitting from his marker or taking men away from him, he just runs straight and to the box often into a defender or offside.

He’d be pretty useless up front for us, as Rondon showed yesterday it’s not just about being a physical presence and winning headers, it’s about controlling the ball, playing in team-mates, moving into space, dragging defenders away and that’s where Rondon is much better because he has a bit of a football brain.