Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

Mitro out and that bloke from Bournemouth in to compete with Gayle makes sense. Murphy as the backup target man.

Good for all parties if this is the case

I like Mitro but if him departing meant we could bring Wilson in I'd be all for it.

Probably looking at where we've been manager-wise in the last 10 years. We've had nothing like Rafa in the sense that he appears to give a s*** about everything from results in the first team to how our under 11's are getting on. I'd be willing to be that Pardew didn't do a quarter of the stuff Rafa does behind the scenes for example. It's refreshing to see. There's no knee-jerk reactions with Rafa, it all appears to be 'pro-active' thinking. Why you would get uptighht about losing a couple of games is beyond me. We're at the right end of the league, why would you be upset? Chris Hughton is 'having a ball' because he has the best players available to him (the same as he had with us), it's not f***ing rocket science.

When did we all just decide that Brighton have a better team than us? If you suggested that a few weeks or after we beat them easily I'd say a lot of people on here would've laughed at you. Hughton is just a really good manager at this level at least

Aye everything time he's been in this league he's done really well. They should be in the PL after last season and would be doing better than Hull.

Like the bloke and it's a shame for him in the sense that you just can't, rightly, drop Gayle. He's a vestige of the former way of doing things so if he goes it's no great shakes. All the best and that.

Do we only need one striker like? Or shall we bring in another reserve like Murphy?

Couldn't really give a shit about what happens with him. Doesn't seem to have worked out which is a pity because he appears to care about the club, but never been convinced anyway tbh. Meh.

I'd like to think he'd be replaced. IMO just think if he's not part of the plan it's not worth worrying about him as much as I like him. Precedent would suggest that one striker is the chosen flavour - reinforce that plan how you can.

So surely the choices are either buy a better striker than Gayle or someone willing to sit on the bench. The first option won't happen, given that Gayle is the leading scorer in the league, and the second option is just the same situation as the Murphy transfer.

I'd like to think he'd be replaced. IMO just think if he's not part of the plan it's not worth worrying about him as much as I like him. Precedent would suggest that one striker is the chosen flavour - reinforce that plan how you can.

So surely the choices are either buy a better striker than Gayle or someone willing to sit on the bench. The first option won't happen, given that Gayle is the leading scorer in the league, and the second option is just the same situation as the Murphy transfer.

Pretty much. If mitrovic is the backup then fine, if it's someone else then that's fine too. We have players who can cover in gouffran and Perez as well as Murphy and I'm Rafa would push for a replacement if he needed them. The caveat being we'd likely need to review it in depth again if and when we are promoted.

Pretty much. If mitrovic is the backup then fine, if it's someone else then that's fine too. We have players who can cover in gouffran and Perez as well as Murphy and I'm Rafa would push for a replacement if he needed them. The caveat being we'd likely need to review it in depth again if and when we are promoted.

So Gayle gets injured, you'd be confident in Murphy or Gouffran up front, given that Perez will play number 10?

Would have been a good option today for 20-30 mins or so against their brute back 4, who rarely left their own box. Seemed to play quite a few long balls, that Gayle had no chance with and Diame is similar to Sissoko in the air.

My audio is not great but I think I heard rafa just say he wasn't on the bench today cos after training he didn't deserve to be there

Not much between mitro and Murphy so he gave Murphy the chance.

He's off. He'll go to Swansea when Chelsea sign Llorente.

So Gayle gets injured, you'd be confident in Murphy or Gouffran up front, given that Perez will play number 10?

No not particularly. As you said we'd hopefully be likely looking for genuine competition for Gayle, I just named a few who are potential in terms of depth. If he leaves I'm ambivalent about it. Pretty much all I'm really saying.

Since Rafa came in Mitro has looked excellent for us in the majority of games and done the business. He's clearly not fancied for reason we can only speculate to, but in terms of what he offers us and his ability in comparison to every other striker in the league, he'd be banging them in IMO. It's immensely frustrating to see Rafa persevering with Gayle on his own in games where he is crowded out and it's not like we really have goals in abundance from any other part of the pitch. We could do with Mitro's combatative style and ability to take defenders out of the game to free up space for Gayle.

While he's here, game time would be handy as I think it would be beneficial to us as a team, and also in terms of ensuring we get as much money as possible if Rafa does want to get rid.