Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

1 minute ago, Chris_R said:

This.

He might not be our greatest ever player, but he's captained the club since he was what, 23/4? And in that time he's been a perfect professional and done a cracking job as captain both on and off the pitch.

He's done a very decent job as a CB for the most part as well, a lot of people seem to gloss over that. I had no problem at all with him coming in to cover for Botman before his injury yesterday.

10 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I’m confident he plays for us again.  

Yeah...in his testimonial....on crutches to kick off and a last minute sub to s ore a penalty

46 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

Jesus fucking christ man :anguish:

With the purse strings tight, all these long-term injuries risk compromising next season as well.

Think that's a given now. There's no way we undo the impacts of such a catastrophic injury situation with one transfer window/summer break. Most of our best players will be continuing to play football in tournaments too.

47 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

With each passing day I find it harder to believe we're as high as we are, talk about putting a shift in

That's because we took so many points until mid december. After that we've had a form that equates to around 15th place if not worse.

1 hour ago, Jack27 said:

Luckily our U21s are somewhat stacked at CB, get them on the Miley-esque development train.

Murphy, Heffernan and Thompson, time to shine boys 

It's about time we brought a decent defender through....surely we're due one. AFAIK Dummet is still the only one we have who ever got near the rlfirst team in the last 10 years? Huntingdon and Ramage before that? Our record bring youngsters through is pretty dire

Almost run out of words for this injury crisis. 

How many cbs do we realistically need to buy this summer? It could be a career ended for Lascelles. 

1 minute ago, St1pe said:

Almost run out of words for this injury crisis. 

How many cbs do we realistically need to buy this summer? It could be a career ended for Lascelles. 

buy one, develop one

2 minutes ago, Shak said:

They actually had him go back out there and try to run off a serious ACL injury :lol:

You can't diagnose a serious ACL injury minutes after it happens, on the pitch.

Lascelles was clearly up for going back on and then it became clear he couldn't continue, not sure what else they're supposed to do?

1 hour ago, nufcjmc said:

we supposedly triggered our ability to extend for a year was announced sort of unofficially in a presser by Howe, cant really feel sorry for him he has only had a chance again since the take over thanks to FFP and will now be sitting on a nice wedge winding down his contract again on the clubs pay and then gets to be looked after and rehabbed  fully fit etc into the end of next season on a free.

after all he’s done for the club and you ‘can’t feel sorry for him’.

you are an example of the worst of our fan base.

8 minutes ago, James said:

after all he’s done for the club and you ‘can’t feel sorry for him’.

you are an example of the worst of our fan base.

No I don't feel sorry for a multi millionaire who gets paid a good wage to do what he loves. Like all footballers he will get full pay,won't be rushed back and will be well looked after mean while my friend of 20 years has been let go from work for having too much time off recovering from cancer. Not drop a sympathy what so ever. 

If you want to disagree with me and say hes been an amazing player and captain that's your opinion and entitled to one. 

Not sure why I need to kiss arse or I am a "worst fan"  give your head a shake. I simply don't think being here a long time means much in isolation much like I don't really like longstaff just because he is local. 

7 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

You can't diagnose a serious ACL injury minutes after it happens, on the pitch.

Lascelles was clearly up for going back on and then it became clear he couldn't continue, not sure what else they're supposed to do?

I mean, maybe I'm wrong but I can't think of many examples of a player trying to play on with what was later revealed to be a fucked ACL?

1 minute ago, Shak said:

I mean, maybe I'm wrong but I can't think of many examples of a player trying to play on with what was later revealed to be a fucked ACL?

my mate Tim

45 minutes ago, Shak said:

Shak, not many people are as hard as nails. Obvious answer.