Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

He played allright yesterday. Reason he was on the right was that he only really had to play two easy passes; on to the wing back and the other back to dubs if needed.

He struggles with the ball at his feet but we have known this for many years. He defends pretty well when he is up for it and always seems to give his best for us.

Needs to be sold in the summer and upgrades brought in. Would imagine somebody will pay 10-12 million (he is english which ups it a bit).

2 minutes ago, buzza said:

He played allright yesterday. Reason he was on the right was that he only really had to play two easy passes; on to the wing back and the other back to dubs if needed.

He struggles with the ball at his feet but we have known this for many years. He defends pretty well when he is up for it and always seems to give his best for us.

Needs to be sold in the summer and upgrades brought in. Would imagine somebody will pay 10-12 million (he is english which ups it a bit).

The RCB in a back 3 needs to be comfortable in defensive FB situations. Lascelles isn't but he did ok there to be honest.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest HTT II

As much as he’s crap for us, he is one player who has put the most in on and off the pitch since we first went down, he seems a tremendous professional and a top bloke too and I’m loving how positive the camp is, Howe and his team have totally turned things around.

10 hours ago, HTT II said:

As much as he’s crap for us, he is one player who has put the most in on and off the pitch since we first went down, he seems a tremendous professional and a top bloke too and I’m loving how positive the camp is, Howe and his team have totally turned things around.

See i really agree with this i dont think he has been that bad under us as people make out, Under bruce he wasn't the player we saw under Rafa etc but confidence and lacking it under a manager then trying too hard to   succeed comes hand in hand even more so in defence. He was and still is one of the best players who have always given hes best for the club in grim periods i'd love to see him lift a trophy and make the England team 

Back from a warm-weather training camp in Dubai, Newcastle are ready to refocus. “There was team bonding, some meals, but there was a lot of training and a game,” Lascelles said. “Straight after training, we’d go and do a 30-minute spinning session. The facilities were crazy — cryotherapy chambers and ice baths.

'They had an actual pitch at the training ground and we didn't have to share one ball between with the academy team.  Crazy!'

57 minutes ago, loki679 said:

Back from a warm-weather training camp in Dubai, Newcastle are ready to refocus. “There was team bonding, some meals, but there was a lot of training and a game,” Lascelles said. “Straight after training, we’d go and do a 30-minute spinning session. The facilities were crazy — cryotherapy chambers and ice baths.

Hearing they bought one from SAFC, cut price. Martin Bain still in it.

• 1 month later...

I heard from a friend today that the squad love this bloke and he takes his job as captain very seriously, I wonder if Howe will keep him as a 3rd or 4th choice Brian Kilclien type figure head that will kick ass on and off the pitch.

28 minutes ago, Ben said:

I heard from a friend today that the squad love this bloke and he takes his job as captain very seriously, I wonder if Howe will keep him as a 3rd or 4th choice Brian Kilclien type figure head that will kick ass on and off the pitch.

Will he want to be 4th choice though? His best bet at staying would be if Howe is going to play 3 at the back because then we will need more depth. Perhaps Dummett staying is an indication of this.

Not good enough and hasn't been for some time. He's the Steven Taylor of his era, probably got a similarly half decent goalscoring record but a below par defender.

He’s an ok cb who is very limited on the ball. He will certainly leave within the next 18 months as well. 

Personally, I’ll always hold him in high regard. It’s been forgotten by many but he’s the guy who gave a fuck when nobody else did. 

Easy to forget he's been here a long time and he's still only 28. I can only imagine the shit he's seen at this club over the last 8 years and he's never really hid from it. His drop in form aligns with Bruce in charge. People are far too harsh on Lascelles. 

Guest reefatoon

He’s so wasteful on the ball. Just needs to win it and then give it nice and simple to someone that can make a pass.