Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

He's neither got the actual ability nor the football brain to get by. Basically, as many have said, he's just shit that was disguised by the fairy lights of Rafa's organisation.

Long thought of him as a Keith Curle. Looks like he should be good, think it fools people, but he's actual naff.

Edited by Wolfcastle

Just watching that goal again on the highlights, Lascelles actually is marking a different player, checks him and then tries to go up against the lad who scores, but because he's running backwards can't get up as effectively. Trippier is the one who's stood watching, but even he's out of position, Schar is the one who's been caught in no man's land after Almiron and Dummett are left for dead by a one-two. It's actually a great move by Watford, think it's a bit harsh to blame Lascelles in hindsight, he seems to have got left two on one. 

Regardless of weather he’s to blame for the goal or not, I think it’s clear he’s not really good for enough for this level. He’s a player with limited ability and that’s about it. 

I will always have some gratitude to him though, he’s one of the few who actually gave a fuck when nobody else did. 

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

Just watching that goal again on the highlights, Lascelles actually is marking a different player, checks him and then tries to go up against the lad who scores, but because he's running backwards can't get up as effectively. Trippier is the one who's stood watching, but even he's out of position, Schar is the one who's been caught in no man's land after Almiron and Dummett are left for dead by a one-two. It's actually a great move by Watford, think it's a bit harsh to blame Lascelles in hindsight, he seems to have got left two on one. 

For me he should be commanding the defence - making sure everyone is position.  I never feel like he does - half the time he's caught out.

4 minutes ago, duo said:

For me he should be commanding the defence - making sure everyone is position.  I never feel like he does - half the time he's caught out.

Well if you watch that goal conceded, he did actually try to command it, he was telling someone to get in position in the build up, then he got left trying to stop two attackers directly in the box. 

2 hours ago, TRon said:

yeah, I felt trippier and schar were more to blame for the goal itself. Former was ballwatching standing next to Jamaal, whereas the latter was MIA. And the cross should not have been allowed to come in in the first place. Disappointing all round. 

Think it ie a bit harsh to blame him for the goal. It was a great goal by Watford. The build uo.down the right was good and the finish even better.

But Lascelles made several errors in the game. He's doing it in more games now. He's become stagnant and worse ever since Rafa left. Rarely now you get the performances he had under Rafa.

I don't know what's happened to Lascelles but he's gone from being a rock to a liability and he's not popping up with the odd headed goals like he used to. He was even being touted for England at one point. He was shit under Bruce and I wonder if all the talk of incoming transfers is unsettling him under Howe.

Whatever the reason he needs to move on. He maybe just needs a fresh challenge. I'm sure he will grow and thrive at the right club....but that just isn't NUFC anymore.

5 hours ago, r0cafella said:

Regardless of weather he’s to blame for the goal or not, I think it’s clear he’s not really good for enough for this level. He’s a player with limited ability and that’s about it. 

I will always have some gratitude to him though, he’s one of the few who actually gave a fuck when nobody else did. 

I think this point gets forgotten too often when people are banding about how they hate him etc. He’s been poor for what seems like seasons now aside from the odd game here and there but was an important leader through our last shitstorm. 

It’s no surprise the club were looking to sign two new cbs. 

Just now, St1pe said:

I think this point gets forgotten too often when people are banding about how they hate him etc. He’s been poor for what seems like seasons now aside from the odd game here and there but was an important leader through our last shitstorm. 

It’s no surprise the club were looking to sign two new cbs. 

A lot of our fans hate him because of his comments regarding Ashley, I think he called him a nice guy iirc. 

I think when he made those comments it was more to clarify how he felt about his interactions with him. Nevertheless this caused a backlash on here in particular. 

Watching the game again, it was probably more Trippier or Schar to blame for the goal. 

He's limited as fuck but he's being hung out to dry today when trippier never tracked the run and schar was down the quayside when the cross came in.

Poor communication all round.

Edited by Oregon_Geordie

Another one we missed the boat flogging for good money when Liverpool were sniffing about. We could have replaced him with virtually any half decent defender from Championship above or overseas and be no worse off.

Guest neesy111
1 minute ago, David Edgar said:

There is no way in hell Liverpool ever seriously considered a player so void of basic footballing technique.

Yeap.  This forum loves rumour = club was 100% interested logic.

Same with the longstaff to man utd stuff.

Who would be the Lascelles coming through to do that 5/6 years later? There's a complete lack of character and leadership in a lot of players that's obvious in the absence of intelligent game management. 21 points dropped from winning positions says it all.

Interesting. Shame he didn’t win the most important one at the end. 

Im not trying to argue in favour of him here as it wasn’t really the aerial part of his game that was the problem for the most part. 

3 minutes ago, St1pe said:

Interesting. Shame he didn’t win the most important one at the end. 

Im not trying to argue in favour of him here as it wasn’t really the aerial part of his game that was the problem for the most part. 

The fact he is/we are having to defend that many headers is more worrying…

18 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

Feels like everyone in the world knows this lad is a massive problem apart from our manager. Even John Anderson knows. John Anderson, lads, John Anderson.

In fairness, at present the alternative is Clark.