Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

I think this shows that we need to sign a speedy right sided center back to play with Fab as the first choice next season until Botman is back

I don’t think this changes much in our transfer plans. We needed a CB before the Botman injury. 

Actually - we might consider 2 CBs.  We might actually sign a cheap CB with the intention to bench.  And then the primary CB we’ve been scouting for some time. 

Just now, The College Dropout said:

I don’t think this changes much in our transfer plans. We needed a CB before the Botman injury. 

Actually - we might consider 2 CBs.  We might actually sign a cheap CB with the intention to bench.  And then the primary CB we’ve been scouting for some time. 

Kelly/Tosin on a free

Just now, The College Dropout said:

Get the guy that is supposed to pair with Botman long-term play him obviously on the right side as fab can play both positions seamlessly

You’re probably looking at Feb/March 2025 before he’d realistically be back and available to play.. and two transfer windows even if our spending is limited, you’d have to say he’s probably kicked his last ball for the club 😔

Yes had some limitations as a player but he has improved massively when called upon in last two seasons. The only blemish on his record was defending Mike Ashley in that interview, aside from that he’s been a model pro here at the club and some leadership in the dressing room and on the pitch when we really needed it.

Honestly, people say we’ve fallen off this season. I say it’s a miracle we’re currently sat in 8th and arguably favourites to grab the last Euro spot. We’ve had the roof fall down around us and still managed to keep the rain out. 

Just now, Joelinton7 said:

Honestly, people say we’ve fallen off this season. I say it’s a miracle we’re currently sat in 8th and arguably favourites to grab the last Euro spot. We’ve had the roof fall down around us and still managed to keep the rain out. 

With each passing day I find it harder to believe we're as high as we are, talk about putting a shift in

Fuck us trying to get any sort of fee too. Must be legit discussion behind closed doors of ‘fuck FFP’ and just going balls deep with spending and new ‘sponsors’.

28 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Ffs!

Wonder who's next on the long term injury list??

Has any team ever, in the history of football, had as much bad luck in one season as we have in this one?

Sunderland, apparently,according to the makems on our match thread on RTG yesterday.

Did he sign a 1 year extension? If not then this is the end of the road with us and even if he did by the time he recovers he won’t have time to prove his fitness so we’ll let his contract run down. Sad way for it to end for him as he’s been a good servant to the club.

Just now, SAK said:

Did he sign a 1 year extension? If not then this is the end of the road with us and even if he did by the time he recovers he won’t have time to prove his fitness so we’ll let his contract run down. Sad way for it to end for him as he’s been a good servant to the club.

Aye he signed the extention (I bet he's chuffed he did) there was rumours he has going into the coaching set up, I wonder if this speeds up that decision 

1 minute ago, SAK said:

we supposedly triggered our ability to extend for a year was announced sort of unofficially in a presser by Howe, cant really feel sorry for him he has only had a chance again since the take over thanks to FFP and will now be sitting on a nice wedge winding down his contract again on the clubs pay and then gets to be looked after and rehabbed  fully fit etc into the end of next season on a free.

2 minutes ago, nufcjmc said:

we supposedly triggered our ability to extend for a year was announced sort of unofficially in a presser by Howe, cant really feel sorry for him he has only had a chance again since the take over thanks to FFP and will now be sitting on a nice wedge winding down his contract again on the clubs pay and then gets to be looked after and rehabbed  fully fit etc into the end of next season on a free.

TBF it's his testimonial year, it's not like he's just rocked up and played a couple of games for us, he's been a fantastic servant. 

4 minutes ago, Ben said:

TBF it's his testimonial year, it's not like he's just rocked up and played a couple of games for us, he's been a fantastic servant. 

Yes he has been around a long time but I think my point in my mind it wasn't a thing to compliment him on but as symptom of what was wrong with the club the bumper 6 year deal signed in 2018 (which obviously also had an option to trigger an extra year), has set him up for life. I dont blame him for this as anyone would do the same but at the same time if he was good enough for anyone else he would have been moved on long before now.

I dont think being here classes as being a fantastic servant he played a part and got paid well for it, we all know that if FFP didnt exist he would have been pushed off to the glue factory within 2 transfer windows of the take over.

2 minutes ago, nufcjmc said:

Yes he has been around a long time but I think my point in my mind it wasn't a thing to compliment him on but as symptom of what was wrong with the club the bumper 6 year deal signed in 2018 (which obviously also had an option to trigger an extra year), has set him up for life. I dont blame him for this as anyone would do the same but at the same time if he was good enough for anyone else he would have been moved on long before now.

I dont think being here classes as being a fantastic servant he played a part and got paid well for it, we all know that if FFP didnt exist he would have been pushed off to the glue factory within 2 transfer windows of the take over.

I don't agree with that at all, he's fantastic with the young lads, I know he personally visited the Mileys parents before last seasons trip to the US to reassure them and nobody has ever been anything but positive about hos role as club captain. I can think of loads of players that have milked their time at the club, he's not one of them.

5 minutes ago, Ben said:

I don't agree with that at all, he's fantastic with the young lads, I know he personally visited the Mileys parents before last seasons trip to the US to reassure them and nobody has ever been anything but positive about hos role as club captain. I can think of loads of players that have milked their time at the club, he's not one of them.

This.

He might not be our greatest ever player, but he's captained the club since he was what, 23/4? And in that time he's been a perfect professional and done a cracking job as captain both on and off the pitch.