Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

Guest neesy111

I'm not saying he's Stones or anything, but he seems perfectly able to control it and pass it. Not necessarily forward, but OK for a CB.

Stones is overrated tbh.

Guest neesy111

I really don't get this 'poor on the ball' thing, looks fairly comfortable to me.

He kicked it to the middle of nowhere 4-5 times in the match when he had time and space.

No reason why under a good defensive tactical coach like Benitez this lad can't begin to fulfil some of his undoubted potential. He seems to be decent at the basics and has a bit of pace. Think him and Mbemba should be given a run in the team.

Fingers crossed that we're finally moving on from the Colo-Fistpumps era at CB. The Lascelles-Mbemba partnership shows promise and they couldn't ask for a better manager to learn from.

Fingers crossed that we're finally moving on from the Colo-Fistpumps era at CB. The Lascelles-Mbemba partnership shows promise and they couldn't ask for a better manager to learn from.

...For 8 games :-(

...For 8 games :-(

:lol: have to think Fistpumps is licking his chops at the thought of Nigel Pearson taking over next season

I really don't get this 'poor on the ball' thing, looks fairly comfortable to me.

He kicked it to the middle of nowhere 4-5 times in the match when he had time and space.

Aye, he did that a few times.

I think he panics when he cant see a pass, so just whacks it forward. Don't think it's down to a lack of quality or how comfortable he is, just put it down to nerves personally.

Think he has potential to be a good defender for us, would rather have him and Mbemba in for the rest of the season but we all know Colo will be straight back in.

• 2 weeks later...

I think he's looked very nervous on the ball, so far anyway. His balance is weird, like he's tiptoeing or something.

Will be good for the Championship, but any potential will be stunted by playing alongside Saylor.

He should be given the remainder of the season now. He'll be our first choice centre back next season we might as well get him some games.

This. If we don't have confidence in him starting in the championship we might as well get rid. He shouldn't be starting for us but he is easily our 2nd best CB at the moment.

Was 10x better than the fucking pathetic fraud he replaced today.

He's not let us down all season when you add the context that's a relatively young centre half plying his trade at a higher level than previously.

Him and Mbemba have potential. Shame the Chancellor will fuck off when we go down.