Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

100% don't want to sell him, especially not to Chelsea who I cannot f***ing stand.

However, anyone think Rafa might actually be keen IF (don't laugh) he thought he could spend the proceeds on whoever he wanted?

In addition to any other transfer funds he was expecting.  OK you can laugh now.

Absolutely think Rafa would be keen if the money was going back into the team.

Guest Howaythetoon

I wouldn’t sell him at any price, he and Rafa are NUFC at the moment. For his own long term future though, he will achieve nothing but local hero worship here at NUFC and will have to move at some point to better his career.

Guest Howaythetoon

I personally rate him higher than most of the current English CBs, although that’s more down to the derth of talent we have back there than Lascelles being great himself. He’s great for us, but has a long way to go. I could see why a Chelsea would want him though!

Guest Howaythetoon

I'd put him in the Mawson, Maguire, that Burnley centre-back's bracket like.

I rate Cahill and Stones as our two best and then it’s down to anyone really as the lack of talent in that area is huge. Lascelles would be up there with the best of the rest mind, easily. He has improved so much. Cahill and Stomes though... they are not exactly Terry and Rio.

Fucking £100m [emoji38]

He’s done very well and looks a very good prospect, but come on [emoji38]

What would you ask for like if Chelsea rang up? Liverpool have just set the bar with Van Dyke.

Van Dijk is much better on the ball. He wouldn't have went for near that if he was just a Dutch version of Lascelles, even if Lascelles is perhaps an equal or maybe better defender

Michael Keane went for £30M - think that's the figure that'll more likely be closest too should any interest actually be real.

Obviously as fans we would value Jamal far higher, seeing an increased importance in keeping him in the squad than perhaps the board will.

Aye that sounds about right

Guest Howaythetoon

I’d value him at 25-30m easily. To us he could be the difference between going down or staying up so he’s worth much more and that’s before taking into consideration everything else he brings to the club.

It’s insanity to even consider selling Lascelles at present.  He’s our most important player, our leader and a club icon.  The only time we should consider selling is if he suddenly becomes s***/injury prone or starts thinking he’s bigger than the club.

He's improving steadily, after a dodgy start, and 24 is still quite young for a centre back. Unless we get a silly offer (and £100m would be silly), I'd hang on because his value is likely to increase and we don't yet know how good he's going to become.

He's also being made good by being coached by Rafa. If we lose Rafa I'd expect his quality to fall. I don't know if that means we should sell him whilst we still have Rafa :lol:

Obviously keep both would be my preferred course of action.

Im in the keep him at all costs camp.

The transfer fee (and only the transfer fee, nothing else) might be allocated to new players but that will as usual also have to include wages so we can at best get in a replacement that might or might not be as good, or we can get in 2 or 3 mediocre players to try and strengthen the whole squad who are unlikely to be good enough anyway.